Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 940,266 Views
New and final Hunger Games movie out today. No interest from me. I wonder if they are thinking of Oscars or some damn thing, releasing it now. Seems absurd to me but they lobbed about 80 Oscars at the last Lord of the Rings out-of-the-blue so who knows?

Brooklyn looks really promising though.

New and final Hunger Games movie out today. No interest from me. I wonder if they are thinking of Oscars or some damn thing, releasing it now. Seems absurd to me but they lobbed about 80 Oscars at the last Lord of the Rings out-of-the-blue so who knows?

Brooklyn looks really promising though.
Another one? Seriously? How many is that now ..4? I

She's pretty deluxe. Not even talking about straight hotness but she's an interesting interview and whatnot.

Gotta say too, I am finding Trevor Noah increasingly tolerable.

I won't say I actually like him, but I now watch the Daily Show 1.227 times per week. That is still way down from Jon Stewart but increasing steadily since the start of the new regime.

Anybody else watch Unbroken (2014)?

Trying to decide what to make of it.

Was surprised to see that the Coen Brothers were involved in the writing. Not that anything was wrong with the writing. Nothing really wrong with anything. Acting, photography, sets ---> all perfectly fine. Angelina Jolie's direction ---> fine.

Just no point that I can discern. Like, here's a guy that life used as a punching bag for awhile. The end.

:dunno:

Guess I gotta go with a 4.9 out of 10 rating.

Unbroken-Movie-Jack-OConnell-Wallpaper-6.jpg

A bloodied John Snow is the focus of a poster for the next season of Game of Thrones.

Is he alive? Are they fokking with us?

Oh Em Gee!

snow.jpg

Slight obtuse spoiler regrading Fargo: shades of Adriana or wut?

A few episodes into season 2 of The Knick, my two primary comments are these:

- it's still very good, maybe excellent

- you still don't want to watch it while eating

Slight obtuse spoiler regrading Fargo: shades of Adriana or wut?

oh yeah, took me a second to realize what you're talking about. scene was a little odd.

I noticed they are using that My Condition song from Big Lebowski too. An older sounding version.

also I guess the little girls name is Molly, so that connection you mentioned is probably the coolest idea of the show.

Yeah some questionable decision-making in this week's Fargo to my way of thinking. They've got a perfectly good story and then they do that. I guess they feel like they have to force some quirkiness into the mix, attempting to Coen it up ??

Not a big huge deal (so far) but why even bother? Just go with your story. It's a decently entertaining story.

Oh well, one more episode to the season.

eh, the story had gotten ridiculously unbelievable a couple episodes back. The flying saucer is more believable than the rest of it.

There is some buzz about a remake of the movie Point Break which is coming out at Xmas.

The big thing is the extreme stunts which they say are all real with minimal greenscreens. Wingsuit jumping, surfing, underwater stuff, rock-climbing - all done by experts and world champions and whatnot.

I didn't see the Keanu Reaves original and this concept doesn't particularly grab me, but here is a trailer fwiw.

Really? I know it keeps getting nominated - and even winning - stuff, but I gave up on it after about 4 episodes.

Wonderful social message and all that - but bleah.

I wonder if there are any clues about good shows to watch in the Golden Globe nominations. All kinds of shit there I haven't looked at or even heard of.

Casual
Mozart in the Jungle
Wolf Hall
Crazy Ex Girlfriend
Scream Queen
Jane the Virgin
Grace and Frankie
Master of None
The Grinder
Blunt Talk
Outlander

well, I finished Curb Your Enthusiasm. :sad: Liked that show more and more with every episode.
Foking LD, I can see how he can easily do another 100 episodes of the show and another 100 of Seinfeld and they would still be funny :clapper:

Just started watching The Karate Kid with Ralph Macchio and Pat Morita.

I've seen it before but it's been a hella long time.

Got a feeling I'm going to find the ending real satisfyin'.