Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 940,190 Views
Gotta say - no spoilers - the finale of Fargo produced some moments I found very well-done. A few odd but pleasantly thoughtful detours.

I also like how they wait until the finale of each season to bring in the original Fargo theme song. That song has a way of grabbing me. It carries a mood with it.

Season 2 was MUCH better than season 1 IMO. Season 1, I rated ~ 5.1. Season 2, oh, say, 7.4. It still stretched credulity at times - but in a very different way. Basically, it wasn't even the same show.

Patrick Wilson was excellent.

final episode wasn't bad. At least it had War Pigs in it. Some attempt at philosophy. I'm glad they didn't kill the cops wife (even though it looked like they did)
is Noreen in the 1st season?

Overall the show had too many non sequiturs, too much senseless gratuitous violence. The UFO I guess was there for no reason.

So do you guise care about this Will Smith movie, Concussion?

I don't. In a way it should be right in my wheelhouse but no.

Maybe it's because I listen to so much sports talk radio that the topic has been beaten to death and then continued to be mercilessly beaten post-mortem for miles.

Guess we'll see what kind of buzz it generates.

:deadhorse:

Consider though, if you will, the Gimp from Pulp Fiction.

Just consider that for a minute.

If sitting on a couch and watching TV was an olympic event. I'd be Carl Louis.

Consider though, if you will, the Gimp from Pulp Fiction.

Just consider that for a minute.

I have, that to me on 1st viewing was the strangest thing about Pulp Fiction. I remember thinking: what is a gimp.
But now I see that is more or less a description or name they gave to that thing(?)
It's actually a sex slave. And a gimp is not necessarily a slave.

Initially I felt PF was a strong movie layered with complex themes and meaning. But in light of the totality of Tarantino's work I now see it as little more than random depravity of a sick mind.

Complex themes and meaning in Pulp Fiction? I don't know what to say to that.

Happy hunting!

I feel like there is going to be a Gilligan's Island movie sometime soon. I haven't heard any whispers about it but it just seems like it has to happen.

My official prediction: oh, say, in the next 4 years.

Going to see Star Wars in 3D on Monday morning.

I'm excited and I don't even like Star Wars.

Reno, stop being so simple-minded.
7801830_orig.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I was curious how the rating were for The Daily Show with the switch in hosts from Jon Stewart to Trevor Noah. The stats are complex and can be picked at a zillion different ways, but here's what it boils down to by my estimation:

Viewership is down 37%

They shoulda let Trevor Noah "massage" the show to fit his personality. Right now he's basically Jon Stewart's stunt double. It feels unnatural.

My personal viewership is down more than 37%. I watch maybe a third as much as I used to.

I feel like they should just replace Trevor. If what I see during interviews is his true personality, I don't want more of that. He's tragically unfunny. He's so thick and obvious.