Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,722 Comments
  • Views 927,165 Views
Case by case basis for me.

I am rooting for the Fargo crew over the Kansas City crew - I'll tell you that right now.

yeah, I think that was the main thing to come out of the episode 4. Whereas previously it wasn't quite clear who is nastier, for now, KC has taken the lead.

I watched the first 2 seasons of Halt and Catch Fire.

It's okay. I'm not gaga but I expect to carry on with season 3 when the time comes.

There are two main things to it. There are the characters and interactions and plots - like any show - they are okay. Then there is the thing of looking at the early days of the computer industry and imagining what it would have been like to be there and judging the things that people do based on what we know now. I find that aspect very interesting.

I'm giving up on my rewatch of the show Homicide: Life on the Street.

I have watched ~4.3 seasons, maybe 100 episodes. Still ~70 to go but nah.

It's not bad but it really demonstrates what a quantum leap TV took when HBO/Showtime started producing series - and then everything that followed with AMC/Netflix etc. etc.

Homicide probably has my vote for best network drama of all time - but it is so far behind the top shows of the new era that I can't be bothered any more. For every thing that is mildly reminiscent of The Wire, there are 4 eyeroll moments. Network conventions and contrivances.

We are living in a golden age.

after the first slow ep., fargo has gotten much much better... the knick solid too.. Thack cracks me up so damn much...Clive is killing the role..

probably wont miss downton abbey ... its run its course

wicked city is a bit entertaining and has a solid cast ... ahs same ... the affair is starting to lose me a little

Wow what a great episode of Fargo, lots going down.

Let's go KC!

i watch Yukon men and one other survival show at the moment. Sometimes a dvr'd Big Bang theory.

Other than that I have no idea About any show

Last edited:
Brother in law told me about some series where they defend the village from Giants or some shit with a big ice wall and told me how awesome it was....what's the name on that?

Or..some type of series set back in the 20's or even the 50's...any of those?

"I didn't say I liked it. I said it surprised me."

Fargo-Bokeem-Wodbine-cropped-727x522.jpg

:handshake:

Guy is awesome, why I'm rooting for KC. I love his little speeches.

Ya but those guise just coming along and trying stuff - I hate them SO MUCH!!!

:mudcat:

Should have accepted the unconditional surrender. Did you think KC was playing?

I feel his character is a little forcedly ultra cool and unstoppable, including the finger in the ass bit; Almost like Chigurh.

Don't really buy into that bullshit, thats why I didn't like No Country for Old Men much. I guess people have a fascination with these unstoppable, immovable, evil forces. :dunno:

I guess people have a fascination with these unstoppable, immovable, evil forces. :dunno:

Why do you find that so surprising? If nothing else, it's a good metaphor for feelings of powerlessness, being caught up in the dismal tide, etc.