Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 936,002 Views
The Gift 2015

Jason Bateman solid as always. 4 or 5 very frightening moments. Solid acting all the way around. The smart female cop from Fargo TV series is in this. My only complaint: not as scary as I thought it would be.

7.75 Trons.

Agreed especially on the last statement. 7.1 baconballs

Really enjoyed the most recent Fargo, it is gripping. those KC gangsters - they don't fuck around.

are those the Jewish KC gangsters who are led by Brad Garret(?) look like big Amish and a black guy?
Haven't watched ep3 yet, those guys give off such confidence in their nastiness. They think they are so cool. fok them.

Evil from hell vs a couple wanker cops I guess is what they're going with:alien:

Cops ain't wankers though. That's not what I'm seeing.

Much like Margie Gunderson - and unlike at least a couple dudeguys from season 1 - they are proving to be solid law enforcement.

I think the one cop's name is Solverson which, I believe, was also the name of the competent cop from season 1.

So maybe there's something there.

Got damn it, they went and started a new season of The Knick - and are 3 episodes in - and I didn't even know.

I mean, NBD. I'll get caught up no problem. But come on.

This is what happens when you wait a year between seasons. People lose track of you.

are those the Jewish KC gangsters who are led by Brad Garret(?) look like big Amish and a black guy?
Haven't watched ep3 yet, those guys give off such confidence in their nastiness. They think they are so cool. fok them.

Evil from hell vs a couple wanker cops I guess is what they're going with:alien:

Watch it, high ratings and getting higher. It's a good go so far.

Philip-Seymour-Hoffman-The-Master.jpg

Watch it, high ratings and getting higher. It's a good go so far.

saw it last night, best episode so far. But did they really have to do that to the poor typewriter guy?
This boobish helplessness thing is hard to take sometimes. Of course it is a central theme to all things Fargo, including the film.
At least they are sticking to it :dunno:

Yes, I think many people, if directed to lie down in a grave, prolly decline.

And even if they don't decline at first, when they see the stuff coming, they prolly scramble outta there before the pouring starts.

I didn't think he had to go either, he was harmless. Once again, it doesn't matter what I think.

No wonder he has an acting career now.

Such a fine, fine actor.

ep 4 was the best one, it is getting better.

What's the public perception of these sad sack characters such as the butcher, the typewriter guy, the main protagonist in the original film, and similar characters in the 1st season? I find them hard to tolerate and still feel obliged to root for them. Do ya'll feel the same, or do yo just get a good laugh and don't care.

Case by case basis for me.

I am rooting for the Fargo crew over the Kansas City crew - I'll tell you that right now.

Halt and Catch Fire

anyone try it yet?