Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 935,909 Views
MrX
Why do you find that so surprising? If nothing else, it's a good metaphor for feelings of powerlessness, being caught up in the dismal tide, etc.

because it does not make for a realistic/complex/interesting character. I tend to see movies primarily as story telling.

If you're willing to see characters as nothing more than some vehicle of artistic expressionism then I guess its alright :dunno:
I remember hating No Country etc.. a lot less after we had that talk. :guitar:

It is rare to see a realistically complicated character in any popular entertainment, and I'm sure it's much harder to write for and perform as one. Point taken. We need more of that.

I am currently recording something called A Pigeon Sat on a Branch Reflecting on Existence (2014)

So I guess we'll just see about that.

The Peanuts movie got released this weekend and is getting a very good reception. I wasn't sure what to think - like, what do kids today care about Peanuts? - in fact, I asked Fun-Size at work, who is mid-20's, how familiar she is with it - not particularly - but at least it sounds like it's a decent movie.

So we'll see how it does at the box office and I will look for it in my listings down the road.

The-Station-Agent-01-1024x682.jpg

That was an odd movie, The Station Agent. Watched it on the plane.

That's what you call an Indy film.

If someone wants to know what exactly is meant by the term Indy film?

The Station Agent.

Fargo is really fokken good though. I am enjoying the hell out of it.

Did not see that coming.

I'm turning it on right now and I should be able to let you know what I think tomorrow sometime.

Yeah that was awesome, surprised as well. This show is peaking RIGHT NOW and it's always been good.

I had season 1 at about a 5.1/10 rating and the odds were pick 'em that I would last 30 minutes with season 2.

But I got it around a 7.5 at this point.

Also, Betsy Solverson can be added to the list of off-beat women that I have a thing for.

Fargo-Cristin-Milioti-cropped-727x522.jpg

:betplom:

She's alright I guess, I don't find her to be all that.

I checked into her - and I see I did the same search after The Wolf of Wall Street. I remember now; I liked her way better than the plasticky blonde Dicaprio went to.

I am consistent with my offbeat horndogging.

My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 will be coming out next year.

Holy fuck did I hate the first one. Weird phenomenon. Many people were goofy in love with it and it made a shitload of money - which is one thing - sometimes painfully idiotic crap will make money - but they actually started nominating it for awards. Like, not an Oscar but Golden Globes or some shit.

:facepalm:

I see they tried a follow-up TV series, My Big Fat Greek Life. I don't remember that. Appears it lasted 7 episodes and is rated 4.3 at imdb. That is stunningly low for a TV show.

The original movie is in rarefied territory for me. A 1 rating. Not many of those.

Fargo S2 is (and has been from the beginning) the best show on TV.

:greencheck:

I like that the pathetically outmatched characters are given a chance to do some damage.
What's up with that whole Regan bus bit? The guy looks more like Romney 1st off, that concept seems to be a snoozer.

That's Bruce Campbell as Ronnie Reagan - once again working with Jeffrey Donovan. Burn Notice reunion.