Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 937,188 Views
Okay thanks. Not sure if it will be exactly the same deal in Canada but I will officially be on alert.

you guys have had super mental strength to not watch DA online....season 3 has been over for a month

RR, I don't watch shows online! I watch sports occasionally though ..... that site vipbox.tv you mentioned is sweet! :up:

I'll see it when it's on TV. That seems like it should be fine. Hopefully Canada/US are synched up so MrM and me can scrap about the weekly goings-on.

medium_wm8101.jpg

Oh fok Macho Man.

This picture angers me.

Teela, we got introduced to the son of bloody face last night...i like how Am. Horror Story keeps evolving this season...i think they saw how last season started to drag a little and have made some solid adjustments...love how they have introduced out all the season 1 characters throughout this season:yes: ... the cast of this show is so good.

Ray, I didn't think I was going to like this season. Too much blood and ick for me. I'm actually pretty intrigued.

Totally guessed the whole "son of bloody face" angle though.

Just rewatching Rent and I gotta say, Rosario Dawson is another one like Anne Hathaway that just rubs me the wrong way. Fortunately, unlike Hathaway, it seems like Rosario Dawson is having the good taste to fade away.

We went into Ted expecting some mindless laughs. The mindless was there, the laughs weren't. The people putting out the commercials for this awful movie should be sued for false advertising. I'm glad it froze up and we went to sleep. 3 slices of bacon only for the Kunis factor. :tully:

I actually downloaded all the episodes of Moonshiners. There is only 7 episodes in first season.

Each episode is basically exactly the same.

I like watching those hicks make moonshine.

The basis for bootleggin', NASCAR, and capitalism.

Moonshine= :usa:

We went into Ted expecting some mindless laughs. The mindless was there, the laughs weren't. The people putting out the commercials for this awful movie should be sued for false advertising. I'm glad it froze up and we went to sleep. 3 slices of bacon only for the Kunis factor. :tully:
I watched Ted last week and was also really disappointed. Heard from most people it's hilarious, and I'm always up for a stupid comedy film. Pretty much the only funny part was the party scene with Flash Gordon. The rest sucked. It's Beavis and Butthead minus the laughs. 4.2 Marky Marks.

:lmao: thats what I hear. It sure looks like they could have done something good with that movie.

I haven't.

I rewatched Rent (2005) over the last couple days. I feel like I am supposed to like Rent.

And I do like some of the music. Not all but some. There are a few really great inspired moments with the music but then there are some bits that are just okay. I guess I had previously focused on the musical moments that I really like - plus I do have that strange vibe that I am supposed to like Rent - because I had it rated 7 at imdb.

I had a more critical eye on this recent viewing and here's the problem that I really started to notice: everybody sucks. Except for the one guy being presented as the bad guy who is actually the one okay guy. But other than that, everybody sucks a lot. Okay, there is a bit of room for sympathy but it's really hard to ignore that protagonists are basically a bunch of whiny, entitled, lazy spoiled brats - every one of them.

Unbearable cop-out of an ending too. Made me cringe on this viewing.

4.9 out of 10

Still feeling particularly disappointed at the events of last week's Dexter. It's like they have just stopped trying.

So here's what I'm supposed to buy into:

*SPOILERS*

So Dex turns in his girlfriend and soulmate - who has just a HUGE whack of dirt on him - based on the scantiest of evidence - like it's barely strong enough to even qualify as circumstantial - because he figures she attempted to kill his sister the cop - because her thinking must have been that when you are a suspect for crimes like she is, killing one cop will solve all your problems - because there are no other cops - so she must have drugged Deb in a way that was completely different than anything she had done in the past - so turn her in and hope she doesn't say anything incriminating about you.

:facepalm:

I very rarely go to the movies. I wasted not only money but time going to see Ted. I had to constantly move around to keep from falling asleep. I hate paying for naps.