Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,732 Comments
  • Views 943,228 Views
Dexter is worse than ever, and yet I still watch

Over/under 1.5 people killed in the season finale?

I just got HBO and Showtime and Starz and Cinemax and everything else so I should start watching Boardwalk Empire I guess. I heard it was pretty good. The costumes and actual look of the show have always been impressive when I see clips. As long as Buscemi doesn't do any oral sex scenes I'd imagine it holds together fairly well.

did away with the movie channels except hbo and showtime...need them for boxing

I tried to watch Boardwalk Empire, didn't like it. Maybe it's something that needs to be watched from the start.

Dexter is worse than ever, and yet I still watch

Over/under 1.5 people killed in the season finale?

No specific theories here but my hunch is saying OVER.

Speaking of performers that just kinda rub me the wrong way, every once in awhile this guy turns up and it's never a joyous thing.

Richard+Kind.jpg

The Shield

Has anyone watched this entire series?

I will be wrapping up the final season this week after years of wanting to watch but not wanting to do it via DVD's. I joined Hulu Plus just for this series cause NetFlix didn't have it available for streaming.

I will admit that some of the situations the Strike Team members get into and out of are too unrealistic but the overall entertainment factor has still been there for all the seasons. Also true it appeared the writers weren't exactly sure which directions they wanted to take some of the characters but I guess that can be said for most series that last over time.

Never seen a minute of it myself.

I tried to watch Boardwalk Empire, didn't like it. Maybe it's something that needs to be watched from the start.

Yes it does.

IMO all series need to be watched from the beginning.

It helps a lot. Very deep show with tons of stuff from the past coming up again and again.

I thought the Dexter finale was pretty good. Not great, pretty good.

Dexter was okay. They keep leaving more and more big holes in all kinds of things - I do a lot of eye-rolling as it goes along - but it was a good payoff.

Yes it does.

IMO all series need to be watched from the beginning.

The Sopranos was still good even though I started watching it at season 3

Speaking of performers that just kinda rub me the wrong way, every once in awhile this guy turns up and it's never a joyous thing.

Richard+Kind.jpg

this guy was good in Luck, although difficult to watch

Oldman was very impressive, just saw this at the art museum. Excellent film

Tinker-Tailor-Soldier-Spy-Poster-Quad.jpg

So did Dex steal the shirt and wallet from evidence to setup Laguerta before or after the events of last week's episode at the shipping container? I don't follow how Dex got out of that one.

The widow of that dead black cop who was in a couple episodes is responsible for incriminating Deb? :common:

Hannah without makeup. Yikes. What a difference. :tully:

I could pick apart Dexter all day. So many holes. I won't even start. But (*SPOILER*) I did say, "YESSS!!!" when Deb shot Laguerta.

Makes me wonder if it has always been like this and I just didn't notice because I was more caught up in the big philosophical questions, or if it is really nosediving. I suspect the latter. It's not even a question of something happening over seasons - although there has been some gradual decline - but it seemed like something really egregious happened in just like the last 5-6 episodes. It's like they had a writer abruptly quit and he was the guy in charge of continuity and noticing really gaping logic holes.

I dunno. I'll start watching the next season. TBH I don't even see myself being on the verge of bailing. I'll probably just stick with it.

I like how Quinn only had a short cameo at the end. It's like the writers finished the script and were a few days from shooting when they realized he was omitted. Then they just said, "Fuck it, plant the seed for a future relationship with the cute nanny. But don't give him more than 30 seconds of screen time. No one cares about that character."

Laguerta going down was nice and a long time in the making. But the suspense was kind of gone at that point. Halfway thru the episode, I thought it was possible Deb would turn on Dex and arrest him. Seemed like Hannah and then Laguerta had gotten to Deb and really had her questioning herself. But when it came down to shooting Dex or Laguerta, I mean, come on - there's one more season to go. Can't kill off Dexter now.