Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 938,094 Views
The Tinder Swindler - Guy with zero personality builds himself a fake life as the heir to a diamond empire and he somehow convinces chicks he's not a scammer. Spoiler alert: he is a scammer. On the surface, he doesn't even appear to be that good at it.

But then, that Norwegian chick is infuriatingly naive. (And hot.)

So on second thought, swindler guy is a genius. He knows how to select his marks and he has his scheme down to a science. But I still can't believe the girls fell for it for so long. He put almost zero effort in his texts and voice memos. No personalization, no inside jokes, nothing. All the intimacy and connection were inside the girls' head.

Baffling yet riveting.

7.7 maxed out Platinum Amexes out of a possible 10

The Tinder Swindler - Guy with zero personality builds himself a fake life as the heir to a diamond empire and he somehow convinces chicks he's not a scammer. Spoiler alert: he is a scammer. On the surface, he doesn't even appear to be that good at it.

But then, that Norwegian chick is infuriatingly naive. (And hot.)

So on second thought, swindler guy is a genius. He knows how to select his marks and he has his scheme down to a science. But I still can't believe the girls fell for it for so long. He put almost zero effort in his texts and voice memos. No personalization, no inside jokes, nothing. All the intimacy and connection were inside the girls' head.

Baffling yet riveting.

7.7 maxed out Platinum Amexes out of a possible 10
Watched that the other day,I didn’t think that guy was that smooth either.The girls probably thought they hooked a sugar Daddy is the only explanation.Borrowing a quarter of a million dollars to loan out to basically a complete strange is ludicrous

The lovebombing is the perfect pre-screening tool for him. He knows that whoever falls for it is going to follow through with the money without asking many questions, not even to themselves.

It's a numbers game followed by absolute ruthlessness. She took out NINE loans, for the love of Bernie Madoff.

Genius.

The lovebombing is the perfect pre-screening tool for him. He knows that whoever falls for it is going to follow through with the money without asking many questions, not even to themselves.

It's a numbers game followed by absolute ruthlessness. She took out NINE loans, for the love of Bernie Madoff.

Genius.
He played being the victim the whole time,all the girls were blonde,coincident?

He served 5 months total of a 15 month sentence in Israel. 5 months in a soft jail for 10 million?
Apparently still on Tinder and not short of cash.
We need that guy posting here.

He played being the victim the whole time,all the girls were blonde,coincident?
Not coincidence.
Those were "strong independent women".
Imagine what could have happened if they weren't so strong.

He served 5 months total of a 15 month sentence in Israel. 5 months in a soft jail for 10 million?
Apparently still on Tinder and not short of cash.
We need that guy posting here.
Maybe he is?

I’m on the Baskets wagon.

Good stuff so far.

Martha and french chick are fonny.

Icarus (2017) - Amateur cyclist and documentarist Bryan Fogel decides he wants to try doping and he documents his efforts. He's put in touch with the Russian former WADA director, who was supposed to catch athletes but was in effect the doping mastermind (lol). Anyway, this guy ended up turning on the Russian state's doping efforts and he defected to the US where he is still living under witness protection. This is the guy that got Russia "banned" from the Olympics. He's a hilarious man, and it's all wildly fascinating.

And before reno calls me a racist once again, I have ZERO doubt that the same thing is happening in most if not all major countries. Russia probably wasn't quite as careful hiding the links between the state and the financing of the doping schemes. Because they give zero fucks about optics.

Whole season. First 2 episodes are April 18. It’s the final season also