Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 937,102 Views
And that's it. Season 1 of The Deuce is done. 8 episodes.

That was quick.

I saw some ad for a movie coming out with that lady from Fargo, looks like a Cohen brothers style thing but didn't say it was. :dunno: Anybody know about it?

Reno, I caught a glimpse of the preview youre talking about but I cant recall the name of the show.

First 2 episodes of Stranger Things have by and large been a snooze fest.

You might mean Suburbicon. It just came out last weekend. It is written by the Coens (directed by George Clooney).

Julianne Moore is the female lead. She was not in Fargo but was in The Big Lebowski.

Everything about it sounds like something I would want to see but the initial buzz is pretty bad.

that sounds not too bad, the one I was thinking though, come to find out is called 3(?)Billboards I believe

Oh yeah. That looks promising. Made a big splash at the Toronto Film Festival. Being released next weekend.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.

Last time I saw Aubrey Plaza she was in a loony bin, and now I am seeing her in something new and she is in a loony bin again.

I guess it's her zone. She's the go-to actress for it.

Aubrey Plaza ---> she's good at being in a loony bin.

And that's it. Season 1 of The Deuce is done. 8 episodes.

That was quick.

I think I dropped off after episode 3 or 4? Is it worth going back to finish season?!

This is my mini-review of The Deuce, season 1. Make of it what you will.

It's just okay. I'll continue with season 2. It has some good components but there is something lacking to make it a really good show. There are some thin plots running through it but mostly it's just looking at a bunch of characters in a drifty, aimless way. Some of those characters are interesting but some are whatever. Having James Franco as twins is a big mistake in my book (not because of James Franco specifically but just the concept.)

It ain't no The Wire, that's for sure.

5.9 out of 10

Looks like he's the guy in a very bad film I stumbled upon on hbo called Why Him(?) I believe. Man that was horrible, I don't think I can tolerate that actor in anything after watching 30 minutes of that movie.

S1 E1 of Brockmire was good enough for me to watch E2.

Hank Azaria plays a hard boozing baseball announcer. Amanda Peet looks cute in it.

I watched Split which is M. Night Shyamalan's latest. It is a mixed bag and I ultimately give it the thinnest of thumbs ups - 5.1 out of 10.

What I mainly wanted to say though is the girl, Anna Taylor-Joy. I feel like she has really got something and I predict big things for the future.

Mark my words and whatnot.

972d6d787fd3e4c3bdf7dc7ea094996c.jpg

eeh, I hope it's not more of crazy skinny bitches and neurotic problems they may have in modern day America.