Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,722 Comments
  • Views 927,294 Views
Agreed. Batemans character is probably a little too stoic given what hes going through but I still enjoy his cool-dad brand of psychopathy.

ssim51.gif

Kinda reminds me of Billions. Chock full of moments that feel way too written - but hey, it moves along.

I dumped Billions about halfway thru season 2.

Anyone whos a regular Better Call Saul viewer who wouldnt actually say Ozark is good...........

Eh, not so sure about that stance.

:mrquincy:

Star Wars The Last Jedi

Got high scores at Rotten Tomatoes

Does not get a high score from Tron.

The Force Awakens was much better.

The Last Jedi badly needs 25 minutes edited out.

4.5 Trons

Been struggling through Man in the High Castle.

Cant believe im almost at the end of season 2. All the while not understanding anything

Cool concept but whats going on and stuff?

The new Star Wars.

Critics rating at Rotten Tomatoes is 93%

Audience rating is 55%

The new Star Wars.

Critics rating at Rotten Tomatoes is 93%

Audience rating is 55%

Sounds like it might be the first Star Wars Ill enjoy.

People suck. :handshake:

Sounds like it might be the first Star Wars Ill enjoy.

People suck. :handshake:

There is some good acting in this film and a few cute moments for children.

Beyond that its trash. Rogue One was a much more complete film and did without all the ridiculous slap stick comedy.

Any suggestion for streaming aggregating sites ? I have problems using viooz.ac.

Season 4 of Peaky Blinders is out. 6 episodes.

It's entertaining. The new guest star is Adrien Brody and he has decided to voice his character, a New York mafioso, with a non-stop Marlon Brando impression. I find that to be a seriously bad call and I could do without it.

But the show is pretty good. Littlefinger/Carcetti has also showed up this season.

PB is not an all-time top show. And it's not in that group of shows a notch down from that. But it may be in the next notch down.

Entertaining.

They started monkeying with the theme song this season though. That hasn't worked for me. None of the variations are a fraction as good as the original.

Sports can be very hard to recreate in TV/movies. It often comes out very very badly.

I had a few reminders of that lately.

Boxing has to be one the worst. Almost never works out. I saw Bleed For This recently which is the story of Vinny Pazienza. The boxing was conspicuously bad. There was also some boxing in season 4 of Peaky Blinders. Hilariously bad.

I also saw Battle of the Sexes and, while Emma Stone is good as Billie Jean King the person, they really shouldn't have had scenes where it was actually her - Emma - playing tennis. She is game and doing her best no doubt but convincing as the #1 woman player in the world?

:facepalm:

Watching part 1 of the HBO miniseries Gunpowder.

Just when you think you have seen every savage way humans can think of to kill each other, nope, there's another.

Yay religion!

I think I have a new TV show. I have only seen episode 1 but I am right into it.

Happy!

(That's not a description of my emotional state in reaction to maybe finding a new show I like. That's the name of the show. Happy!)

0p1nrlP.jpg