Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 941,471 Views
The Interview (2014) - I found this to be a ridiculous and enjoyable flick. Had several LOL bits in the early going and prolly lost a bit of momentum as it went along, but I was entertained.

It actually had a few moments of serious informed satire but for the most part it was just idiotic and funny.

Is it something that someone with a stake in the national interests of North Korea should be concerned about? I dunno. In terms of substance, there's nothing in it that Jon Stewart or Bill Maher or the South Park guys aren't saying every day of the week. No one is going to mistake The Interview for a documentary. You'd have to be seriously insecure to get uppity about it.

I dunno what people are thinking :dunno:

7 out of 10.

north-korea-calls-james-franco-and-seth-rogen-s-movie-the-interview-an-evil-act-of-provocation-that-warrants-stern-punishment.png

Episode 4 of S1 of The Affair was one of the worst 40 minutes of my life.

And thank you guys for the Spoiler Alerts.

:handshake:

*zero sarcasm

The Interview (2014) - I found this to be a ridiculous and enjoyable flick. Had several LOL bits in the early going and prolly lost a bit of momentum as it went along, but I was entertained.

It actually had a few moments of serious informed satire but for the most part it was just idiotic and funny.

Is it something that someone with a stake in the national interests of North Korea should be concerned about? I dunno. In terms of substance, there's nothing in it that Jon Stewart or Bill Maher or the South Park guys aren't saying every day of the week. No one is going to mistake The Interview for a documentary. You'd have to be seriously insecure to get uppity about it.

I dunno what people are thinking :dunno:

7 out of 10.

north-korea-calls-james-franco-and-seth-rogen-s-movie-the-interview-an-evil-act-of-provocation-that-warrants-stern-punishment.png

Going to go with 6.4 on this Muddster and we like Seth Rogan alot.

Franco is about 200% as annoying as usual in this, imo.

I thought The Theory of Everything was pretty damn good. Some reviews and comments had me expecting something else - something I might not like - but 7.7 out of 10 for me.

i will take that movie and shove it straight up your ass

Apparently Renee Zellwegger has had major plastic surgery to her face which attempts to reverse her Norwegian Sami features and thus suppress her reindeer-herding heritage. Or something.

70065940-ee45-4e52-9b14-83f7640fd4b8-460x276.jpeg

Yeah this was a big deal on Twitter a month ago or so

Why did she want to turn into Robin Wright Penn?

I know American Hustle was discussed here. But how do you search a big thread? :dunno:

Anyway, I had to turn it off halfway through. It apparently tries to be a stylistic cross between Goodfellas and Pulp Fiction. That wouldn't be too bad, had some promise. But man the storyline is so tedious and becomes utterly uninteresting. None of the characters turned out believable. And when it looked they going to plan some convoluted plot to trap the mayor of Atlantic City (for no apparent reason) I could takes it no more. yak!

3 unhappy beggars :sparesomecutter::sparesomecutter::sparesomecutter:

LOL @ The Interview, LOL @ Katy Perry, LOL @ Wind of Change, LOL @ so much hoopla over a movie that's about 5% less stupid than the Naked Gun flicks.

That "North Korean" chick was hot indeed.

James Franco was irritating.

6.3 RRs out of 10