Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,732 Comments
  • Views 948,811 Views
Been watching the "Border Security" Marathon on the National Geographic channel. Being an armed customs officer and getting to bust drug smugglers and petty criminals looks like the coolest job ever (no sarcasm).

A lot of the exchanges between customs and travelers are hilarious.

Customs agent - We read high levels of cocaine on your bag.
Traveler - Oh. I borrowed the bag from a friend.
Customs agent - So you've never used cocaine?
Traveler - No no.
Customs agent - Okay, I'm gonna need to swab your carry-on and personal item.
*customs agent does his thing with the testing machine*
Customs agent - Sir everything on you is testing positive for cocaine. Earlier I've asked you if you had ever used cocaine and you said no. Does your answer change now?
Traveler - Yeah.
Customs agent - When's the last time you did cocaine?
Traveler - Just before leaving.

:mrquincy:

Traveler didn't have any blow on him or in his luggage so he was eventually allowed to go through.

Another American guy was going to a concert with his GF and they ran a background check on him, turns out he was convicted of "indecent assault" in the US. Now indecent assault is not a thing in Canada so the customs guy basically had to google it. He looks it up on the computer then he comes back:

Customs agent- So, turns out that indecent assault is adultery.
Traveler guy- Oh. That's embarrassing.
Customs agent - Adultery is not a crime in Canada. Enjoy your concert.
Traveler guy - *smiles* Thanks!

:mrquincy:

WTF? Adultery is a crime in the US?

That does not compute.

Apparently it is in the US Army.

New Year's morning. Everybody still asleep. So what am I watching? "The Love Boat" on TVGN. That's the danger of combing boredom and oldness together.

hi

Tom Hardy double bill. Guy is the real deal. Establishing himself as one of the best.

The Drop (2014) - Great performance by Hardy as a barkeep in working class Brooklyn - also one of the last roles for Gandolfini - also Noomi Rapace actually smiles. That took me by surprise. I guess I hadn't seen that. Interesting movie though. Enjoyed it. 7.4 out of 10.

th

Locke (2014) - fair to classify this as an actor's showcase as Hardy is the only person seen in it. Totally different character and accent from The Drop. It covers ~1:20 of him driving in a car and dealing with phone calls. That's it. Not going to be everybody's cup of tea but I thought the situations presented were fascinating and the acting was incredible.

7.5 out of 10

locke-movie-photo-9.jpg

forgot about Locke

Nice one, poster Muddy and ty

Ok, I watched the 1st episode of Oliver..something you recommended. There's obviously depressing feel and flow to it.
They kill off too many people for no apparent reason (except perhaps to depress the viewer). And there really isn't much of a plot that isn't pure baloney.

But you kinda get the feeling something interesting might happen sometime so I'll probably watch another episode when I'm in a good mood.:guitar:

i am disappointed to hear that poster Reno Cool is not in a good mood

I'm in a good mood, but I wasn't feeling that good yesterday when watched. ..movie didn't help

ok, I'm betting into a 30c line for the juniors on bovada. now I'm pissed:sparesomecutter:

I found the HBO Mini-series Olive Kitteridge (2014) pretty good. I actually watched the whole damn thing in one 4 hour sitting. Not saying anyone else will find it that irresistible and electrifying, but I guess it caught me in the right mood. It's a very literary sort of feel, adapted from a novel I would strongly suspect.

. . . yes in fact it is based on a Pulitzer Prize winning collection of short stories by someone named Elizabeth Strout.

I noticed it had a few Golden Globe nominations. Solid 7 out of 10 for me.

RTO_758399_OLIVE_JW_091713_0764.jpg

this one, Olive then. Is the woman Olive? the guy is Henry I believe :dunno:

Oh. I thought I made it pretty clear what to expect. Family dysfunction. Going through life with a bad attitude.

Best you can hope for is thoughtful. Moments of insight perhaps. Occasional astute observation of the human condition.

At no point should you expect it to start resembling The Brady Bunch.

Oh. I thought I made it pretty clear what to expect. Family dysfunction. Going through life with a bad attitude.

Best you can hope for is thoughtful. Moments of insight perhaps. Occasional astute observation of the human condition.

At no point should you expect it to start resembling The Brady Bunch.

but that can describe anything :hey: