Movies and TV

• Start date
  • Replies 13,729 Comments
  • Views 941,392 Views
really, we need to resort to Peter Dinklidges. oh you people:sparesomecutter:

He was in Elf. And he was angry in it.

С Рождеством Христовым, товарищ!

спасибо, но мы только признаём новый год товарищ. Рождество для древнего царя Гороха.
С новым годом!

How do you type cyrillic on a QWERTY keyboard?

I open a web page to russian typewriter and type in the window, then paste. I only figured this option out recently :clapper:

and then I can paste it in translator to make sure I didn't mispell anything and people would be able to translate it. came back like this:

thank you, but we only recognize the new year mate . Christmas for the ancient king of peas
Happy New Year!

so thats pretty good :up:
supposed to be Tsar and comrade vs king and mate but not bad

:yes: its common to say when referring to ancient times: "during tsar Pea", he is the generic tsar

The Affair season finale - if anybody else is watching - SPOILER ALERT

I found the differences in recollection between Noah and Alison of the events at the Lockhart house pretty preposterous. Some subtle differences I can understand and would even expect, but such radical discrepancies in dramatic life-shaking events that would be burned into your head - it's an eye-roller.

Unless they're up to something more than just depicting memories and perspectives. Maybe they are dramatizing actual lies in testimony? That seems dubious in that Noah's seems more incriminating of himself. But it's possible I guess.

I dunno what they're up to. I suspect they have just done something preposterous and we're supposed to accept it and that's it.

All I can say is, if ever there was something that feels like a red herring, it is Noah's arrest.

Yes Muddy! Feels like an alternative movie ending only with The Affair it's like 2 completely different story lines! As much as Noah is getting laid with various women, the guy deserves to be put in jail!

I have just completed a Zack Snyder double-feature. It was not by design. I just notice things in my listings that capture my fancy, and I record them, then I watch them in the order I recorded them.

I would not even have not known that Zack Snyder directed 300, nor Watchmen - but lo and behold, he directed both - and lo and behold they just came up for me one after the other.

One of those things.

Actually the only thing I knew the name Zack Snyder from was the most recent Superman movie - which I found myself watching on mute while talking to Jenny on the phone - and I thought it looked just ridiculous. It was not some passing impression; I probably watched an hour of it, fascinated at how bad it looked. I later asked someone what was up with that and they mentioned it was a Zack Snyder movie.

But anyway, 300 and Watchmen are two good movies IMO. Watchmen gets just a bit stupid at the end but I was absorbed all the way through and both movies are 7.4 out of 10 for me.

Never watched the last couple seasons of it. I enjoyed the first 5-6 or however many that was.

Didn't fizzle out as badly as many others

I order you to watch the rest.

I cannot wait for this flick, I am super uber excited!

I would put the Entourage series finale on my short list of worst in television history. It makes it a challenge to get up for a follow-up movie.

At least the trailer does not indicate a continuation of the bizarre the-secret-of-life-and-happiness-is-marriage theme.