Motorcycling Thread for MrX, Matty, and I

• Start date
  • Replies 1,006 Comments
  • Views 60,133 Views
Matty, I just made the purch :cheers:

Thx brah! Both your and MrX's orders were shipped today - USPS tracking info will update sometime tonight.

BTW if you like the gloves, kindly post a brief review on the site when you have the chance.

And if you don't like them, well, kindly don't post a review and tell me what you don't like.

:mrquincy:

Rode with them all day, they're really comfy. :depom:

Will do.

How do you expect the leather to react to water/moisture?

The leather is treated with some hydrophobic stuff, but that doesn't make the gloves waterproof. Moisture, sweat and heat cycles will eventually degrade the leather. You can use leather conditioner to slow that process (YMMV.) I ride almost daily and my gloves - even my $250 Daineses - end up stiff and smelling like vinegar after about a year.

On the other hand (get it?), gloves made of synthetic materials tend to literally fall apart with use and they don't have the abrasion resistance of leather, which is the main reason you're wearing gloves anyway. You want the dead animal's skin to save your own in a slide.

Is it common to break your fall with your hands/gloves?

I imaging myself landing on my collar bone in that situation. :bacon:

WIN_20161107_19_18_39_Pro_zpsfinfhont.jpg

On the other hand (get it?), gloves made of synthetic materials tend to literally fall apart with use and they don't have the abrasion resistance of leather, which is the main reason you're wearing gloves anyway. You want the dead animal's skin to save your own in a slide.

Sounds like moto-science to me.

Is it common to break your fall with your hands/gloves?

It's a survival reaction. You're programmed to put your hands out so you won't hit your head.

Boner what the fuck happened to eBay? I used to sell a lot in the early 2000's (electric guitars and accessories). Looking at their financials, revenue is way down in 2015 and this year?

My glove listing got 10 views in one day. WTF.

Yeah, that seems to be what everyone is saying on the eBay forums. Gotta look into getting UPCs for Amazon.

Dunno about eBay vs. Amazon or what has happened to the Bay over the years. It still works fairly well for me, but I sell unique items, collectibles. I mean the barrier to entry is low, just sell across all venues.

I'm sure eBay revenue is due to competition from other marketplace sites (wal-mart, amazon, overstock, etsy) but also because of traditional retail's slow but eventual adoption of web-business.

Are you pulling any other web-marketing strings? I recently investigated setting up a web shop to lessen my ~30% revenue cost of eBay but decided that the marketing (SEO, etc.) would cost only slightly less than that and it would be a full time job. I don't know much about web-marketing strategies tho and I'd like to.

I'm doing everything organically so far. I optimize the web shop the best I can and hope Google notices.

Paid strategies like Adwords are -EV for small biz. Large companies overbid on just about every valuable keyword. They don't care.

All my sales so far (other than to GL and friends/family) have come from a motorcycle forum. I've given away 4 pairs too to get my name out there. There's tons more forums to post at, Ima tackle them all one by one.

I have to get on the Amazoning when these checks start to kick in. Forgot about that.

Nice work Machu.

Won some gift cards playing poker lately so unloaded those for cash. It's not that easy, there's a lot of sites offering different rates for say a $100 Domino's e-card. You can Ebay it but Paypal will make you wait up to 21 days for the money and if it's an ecard you won't have a tracking number so you can expect to wait awhile. You can get a physical one and take it to a check cashing place who will pay you cash but then you can expect to get fifty cents on the dollar.

The best value is ebay or similar and waiting for that.

It's a decent side hobby, if you're so inclined. I prefer cash games as you all know but when at home and resting my bones it passes the time.

Why?

Because I'm fucking good - that's why.

Oh that's right, this is a motorcycling thread.

Pretty fly for a white Philly guy.

Lol just saw this, thanks bruh.

Is a diet that started with dialysis necessarily recommended? Most wouldn't advise that course of action, I'd predict.

But hey - the ends justify the means, amirite?

#feelsgoodman

Dunno about eBay vs. Amazon or what has happened to the Bay over the years. It still works fairly well for me, but I sell unique items, collectibles. I mean the barrier to entry is low, just sell across all venues.

I'm sure eBay revenue is due to competition from other marketplace sites (wal-mart, amazon, overstock, etsy) but also because of traditional retail's slow but eventual adoption of web-business.

Are you pulling any other web-marketing strings? I recently investigated setting up a web shop to lessen my ~30% revenue cost of eBay but decided that the marketing (SEO, etc.) would cost only slightly less than that and it would be a full time job. I don't know much about web-marketing strategies tho and I'd like to.

If you're selling unique items, SEO isn't difficult since there wouldn't be much competition for the keywords. Just use a Wordpress site and setup the Yoast SEO plugin.