Motorcycling Thread for MrX, Matty, and I

• Start date
  • Replies 1,006 Comments
  • Views 60,673 Views
90 degrees today on the bike. I skipped the jacket and gloves.

:nono: pavyracer you squid

My Alpinestars leather jacket is perfectly fine in 90+ degree weather. Everything below the grey line is perforated:

2011-Alpinestars-Mert-Leather-Jacket-Black-Grey.jpg

My Dainese gloves are perforated too although my hands sweat no matter what they're in. I have to throw out my gloves every season 'cause they harden and make my hands reek of vinegar. Gross.

Attn: Ville Motogear early adopters

Grand opening is delayed again, by about a week this time - the manufacturer messed up. :facepalm: Plain English instructions are really hard to follow, apparently.

We'll keep you posted.

-Matty P. Rain, CEO
9KbFJpT.png

Is Kickstarter a practical format to push this product, Matt?

I dunno. Seems to me like Kickstarter is mostly for cutting-edge or novelty electronics. But I haven't given it much thought.

Have you ever backed a Kickstarter project?

I need to get in on the dogs and shit for dogs craze. Who do I give my money to?

Reno, you got the live in parents basement/keyboard warrior niche nailed in.

Stay true and do you, comrade.

:sparesomecutter::mrquincy::guitar:

REEEENNNOOOOOOO!!!!! ! !!!!!!!! !! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S'up eggs. Get yourself a cheap Yamazuki, join in on the biker fun. I need customers.

Easy Rider is one fukked-up flick. Prolly due for a remake.

Are Harley-Davidson's the iPhone of the motorcycle world from a PAWN standpoint? I know less than nothing about motorcycles. I had a YZ-80 dirt bike about 30 years ago.

The fierce brand loyalty, despite technological limitations, is similar to that of Apple, for sure. And to be honest I'm a little bit surprised to see MonkeyF0cker leaning the Harley way. But like he said everyone customizes/modernizes their Harleys, and the bikes can certainly be turned into proper performance bikes. You can't really modernize an iPhone.

But a stock Harley is an adorable anachronism that is slow, heavy and hard to turn. It scrapes metal parts in any corner taken over 15mph. For the same money as a customized Harley, you can buy 2 or 3 Japanese bikes that offer similar performance.

I do get the appeal of an old-fashioned Harley. I loved the Street Bob I test-rode but it would be too expensive to make it right.

[video=youtube_share;DW0G3Xy094Y]https://youtu.be/DW0G3Xy094Y[/video]

:moped:

I enjoyed that!

Part of the appeal of a Harley is the resale value. I could probably hold onto the bike for 10+ years and not lose any money on it. With any other manufacturer, you'll certainly lose money on it over time.

That's a good point. Harleys depreciate very little.

Not sure about those blinged-out baggers with the 30" front wheel though. That's probably what, a $50-60k bike? I doubt those resell well.

That's a good point. Harleys depreciate very little.

Not sure about those blinged-out baggers with the 30" front wheel though. That's probably what, a $50-60k bike?

Yeah. You'd likely lose a bit on one of those unless you did the work yourself. I probably won't take it to that extreme anyway.