More thoughts on jobs and working

• Start date
  • Replies 3,706 Comments
  • Views 296,248 Views
I’ll chip in.
reface-2020-11-10-07-25-31-gif.3982

Any word from the aspiring poker pro family friend Matty?

Have you talked with the landlord Matty?
Yes. I think we're going to draw up some sort of shareholder agreement/ownership plan instead of having me buy the building outright (which I don't see how I could do right now). Guy doesn't seem to believe that I have no money and expects me to buy him out sooner than later. 🤷‍♂️ (I really have no money.)
Any word from the aspiring poker pro family friend Matty?
Yah yah, he lives just a mile up the road. He's still plugging away on PokerStars, playing $2 sit n' go's and shit. Waste of time.

lol, this town is cracking me up

Now the landlord has installed one of his partners/sales reps in the solar panel business in the unit next to mine. The guy is trailer-trash material and he's a hustler. (The partition wall between our units is not insulated so I can hear every word he's saying on the phone.) He's calling people non-stop trying to raise money to buy the building and get a cut without putting any of his money in. He wants one point for getting the deal together. He's pitching it as some sort of affordable-housing development (the lot is zoned for 4 more floors.)

Landlord and him are not-quite-reformed hippies.

So he's not a sales rep, just an old friend with a big mouth.

That guy has definitely been to jail for slinging dope. I know his type.

You can't buy a break at this place man, wtf.

starting to look like a not good buy :wah:
Gotta buy before full gentrification, while it's still shitty.

I think we might turn turn the building into some sort of co-op.

The guy is trailer-trash material.
He saw this little portable induction cooktop that I use to warm up a pot of wax to dip my pickups in, and he said:

-Hey, I made breakfast on one of those this morning.

:handshake:

Scored a free, massive desk for the back room/president's office 😎
IMG_20201124_144729.jpg