More thoughts on jobs and working

• Start date
  • Replies 3,706 Comments
  • Views 296,279 Views
None in Canada. 43 and counting in the US branches. 1 in Mexico.

So I'm at work today. Halfway through the afternoon I get called on the radio by Manager-guy. He sets the conversation to private.

"So," he sez, "we found a bit of puke in the one of the aisles so we're just checking with the pickers: are you feeling well? And have you noticed anyone today who seems maybe under the weather?"

That was a new one on me.

Boner, lets start one of those biznisis we always talk about

I hope it's not covid. I also hope it's not AIDS.

Remember AIDS? I hope it's not that.

43 (covid cases) and counting in the US branches.

Now 56.

They figured out a new way to take our temperatures in the morning. Instead of putting a thing so it's almost touching your forehead, there is a camera. You stand like 6 feet away and it knows.

Oh, the times we live in.

Never turned off my pretax commuter benefit cause I thought this work from home stuff wouldn't be TOO long and I have a pretty decent tax loophole I'm accessing via this benefit.. but just looked at my balance and its $1400... i need to use this on qualified commuting charges (bus, train tickets, etc). I think MAYBE rental cars work but I need to get this money somehow. Anyonesne have a business where the charge is characterized as "transportation"?!?!

One of my guitar customers is a crust punk. I guess part of crust culture involves not bathing? Anyway he smells like death. Very pleasant guy otherwise, but everytime he comes here I have to maneuver to get him out of the condo lobby. His BO is insanely potent and it permeates a room immediately.

He brought me a guitar yesterday and its soft case reeks like you wouldn't believe. I stored it outside during the day but I brought it in before going to bed in case it rained.

I ended up putting it back out around 3am because the smell kept waking me up. It felt like my hands and my bed sheets were soaked in his decomposing BO germs, but it was coming from the case a couple rooms away. Fucking hell.

I just washed the case twice using a double dose of detergent and it's still just as bad. The second cycle just finished and I can smell the BO from 15 feet away even though it's still in the machine with the lid closed.

Fuck you crustys and your socio-political statements 🤢🤢🤢

"crust punk" ?

Jeezus I'm getting old. Back in the day we called guys that didn't bathe "bums" or "hobos".

I'd bet a lot of money that non bathing crust punk dudes DON'T get blowjobs. I'd pay a lot of money to see what happened if a girl tried to blow one of those dudes. I'm thinking lots of chunks would be spewed.

The guy has spent over $1000 with me over the last year. I don't know where/how he gets his money. No way he has a job.

I had plenty of crusty punk exposure in downtown NYC

Rumor is they are rich kids that choose to live in the streets for the cool factor