More thoughts on jobs and working

• Start date
  • Replies 3,713 Comments
  • Views 299,680 Views
That is one of the weirdest things I've ever heard.

Is there even a Mr. Harmony?

Harmony is not dumb by any means. Neurotic tendencies for sure though. Maybe she thinks she is a bit of a celebrity akin to, say, Gwyneth Paltrow? :dunno:

She is married. She took 2 weeks + 2 days earlier this year to go to Mexico and get married.

Now she only has 2 weeks of official vacation time - but we have 5 "floater" days. I'm honestly not sure all the details of how those floaters work. Anyway Harmony had that 2+ weeks - plus now 81 days off sick.

Which brings us full circle to something or other.

She's missed about a quarter of a year in total. 81 sick days?! Who the hell gets sick that often?! Guess she has a crappy immune system...

One should note that Mudcat would not be Mudcat did he not often exaggerate for effect or exhibit otherwise zany behaviors.

5 right now. FW you could prolly be an Inside Sales Manager in Calgary, Alberta.

Billy Bob Thornton says Calgary is like his beloved Texas. I've never been.

It's a cowtown, ok I'll go.

So her plan is to stop drinking in public. Not sure when exactly - new year? - doesn't matter - the point is her reason.

She is planning at some point in the fairly near future to get pregnant. And she knows that when she gets pregnant she will stop drinking because that's how that works these days.

But she doesn't want people to know when she's pregnant. Why? Fok'd if I know. Control issues I guess? I don't know. But she figures people will see her stop drinking in public and it will basically amount to an announcement that she is pregnant.

Which she doesn't want to do. So she is stopping drinking in public now so no one will be able to gauge when she becomes pregnant.

Some people are working on a whole other level than the rest of us.

I know when I was a kid, people used to get kind of swollen in the belly when they got pregnant. That was a bit of a giveaway. Maybe that is no longer the case.

Only thing I can think of, is she doesn't want anyone to know untill she get's passed the first trimester, that seems to be a thing lately.

Take Teela for example, she know's she is having a boy, which means she's been pregnant for at least 3-4 months, and just recently told the world.

She has a lot of paparazzi that follow her around. I think she just wants to throw them off the scent.

And Harmony is not coming in today. She was off sick Monday-Tuesday - then she came in Wednesday. But she is off again today. Because there is snow. In Canada.

So that's your Harmony update.

I'll be leaving for work shortly where we will be counting inventory today. I am in pre-event dread of whom they will have me partnered up with.

They always put someone who knows what they're doing - I'm in that group - with an office person.

Maybe it will be cute fun-sized chick.

:goofy:

But maybe it will be hippo with self-esteem issues.

:yikes:

I hope she eats Muddy and updates the inventory to show that

Whoops! One less of those

To my great surprise, I got partnered up with Harmony in the refurb warehouse. She usually does it herself without a partner.

Sweetest. InventoryCountingJob. Ever.

:shades: