• Start date
  • Replies 79 Comments
  • Views 4,569 Views

wal66

Since
Feb 1, 2010
Score
Tokens
So I am reading through some threads the other day and a poster (Bread) made a comment about another poster that kind of hit home. Now the way the comment was delivered played a major factor in sticking with me at first because I thought it was the ULTIMATE insult for anyone who post. If you know anything about the poster (Bread) that delivered the insult you know full well that he is gifted with words although he sometimes chooses not to use his gift. I once questioned him about this and in retrospect now I understand why it would not be good for him to always unleash his full talents. Ok sidetracked there, let me get back to my point.

What this poster (Bread) called this other poster was irrelevant. At first glance it seems benign. I mean its not a racial slur, its not an attack on the other posters manhood and its not a slam on the posters intellect. So how can it even be considered an insult?

Think about it for a moment. All of us that post more than just a few plays or stats or systems or service plays, those of us that post both sports and entertainment related material do so because even if we arent an attention whore we have an opinion or at the very least want to contribute to the dialog. Some of those contributors are taken seriously and what they say matters and may even impact others. Some of those contributors are just haters and while what they add offers little in the way of value sometimes (usually NOT) just sometimes it does add a little spice to the dialog. In either of these cases the poster is noticed. Good or bad they are noticed.

Personally Ive never been an attention whore or a hater and while I probably will never be considered one of the top choices for a poster whom you have the utmost confidence in I do try to add something every now and then of merit.

Now if you are considered irrelevant though it has to make you stop and think for a minute. I mean you basically impact nothing. You contribute nothing. All things considered you are in fact, nothing. How much worse as a poster can it get for someone? Now if you know the poster that this poster (Bread) was calling irrelevant youll realize that the posters (Bread) observation was dead accurate, you would also recognize that the poster being labeled irrelevant neither would understand what the accusation meant or really cared.

So my question, yeah I know all that to get to a friggin question, is this. If you do this on a daily or even semi-daily basis and it was revealed and supported that you were considered irrelevant would you continue to post? Would you reconsider what you have been doing and try and make a change? Or would you simply continue as you always had even though youre basically just wasting only your time because nobody else cares?

Well Wally whenever it boils down to me labeling someone as being irrelevant on the boards, it is a pretty safe bet that the recipient of this comment is so dense, so thick, that either don't know, don't sho, or just don't care what's goin' on in tha hood.

Wally I'm glad you agreed with me though.

Last edited:
Agreed? You friggin inspired me!

You also made me reflect upon my own existance in this posting society. Many times I feel a little irrelevant myself. Not like in the whole grand scheme of things we are all irrelevant but just as it pertains to posting.

Last edited:
No way man. I'm sure your long posts aren't for everyone, but you are like the boards' sweetheart. You are sincere and detailed.

Wallyballs you are relevant my friend. More owl stories please.

Who was he referring to, Wally?

Was it wtf? cloak & daggerkobe? eggnog?

Who was he referring to, Wally?

Was it wtf? cloak & daggerkobe? eggnog?

I would have to go look it up Robyn but I wouldn't do that anyways cause the who is actually irrelevant. The impact of the label is the only relevant thing. Besides Bread has enough haters and even though I took a slight shot at him by listing him I wouldn't call him out by naming the poor slob who doesn't realize he's so pathetically irrelevant.

This might be the forst time in a LOOOOOOOOONG time I have not complied to a female request. You guys are making me appreciate my balls.

It wasn't one of you guys and it wasn't posted here.

no way guey! shanty is the most relevant poster on the board!

Wait...Scholar doesn't like shanty????????????

I could use a couple guys who can still post at my other place who know Bread better than I do and defend his honor against wtf's comments. Same thread title as here.