• Start date
  • Replies 118 Comments
  • Views 9,941 Views

Boner_18

Since
Oct 5, 2010
Score
Tokens
I love it. Follow the weather, things developing, track of each storm, etc.

I do not love the destruction and harm caused by some storms... but let's face it, as far as dissasters go canes ain't really to bad.

got love the forces of nature. I go crazy over a thunderstorm here.

We've been ducking them for a longgggg time in Tampa Bay area. We are certainly due for a big one, and the will suck a lot.

i'd be fine with just a several strategically timed tropical storms this year along the texas coast.

I love it too. Hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards, earthquakes keep me in business.

Hurrican season blows

It's 93 degrees here and it's so humid that you begin to sweat immediately when you step outside

Looks like florida will largely be spared by Irene but she should slam the outer banks as a Cat. 3 or high 2 at this point. There is a slight chance she comes by the outer banks to the Northeast but would likely be only Tropical Storm Irene if that happens. First Atlantic hurricane of the season... exciting.

They are already planning evacuations here for Irene. Who has a free bed? It doesn't have to be free. I don't mind sharing.

map_tropprjpath09_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg

Started my Honda generator up today for the 1st time in 8 months

Hurricanes blow, Boner18

be safe you coastal peoples

They are already planning evacuations here for Irene. Who has a free bed? It doesn't have to be free. I don't mind sharing.

Revised track looks like Savanah should be spared. I have friends that were supposed to move back there (from Atl) this weekend. Guess that's not gonna happen.

Boner, I almost bit it when I started the generator up. The plume of smoke that blasted out of that thing was a sight to see.

These hurricane scares are a bit useful I must admit. If this thing hadn't been churning in the Bahamas I wouldn't have bothered to start up my generator.

For sure. Also reminds you to check the date of canned goods, stock up on water gallons, and replace batteries in the flashlights.

The entire US has been spared for the most part since 2005. Hurricane complacency is no good. Do you stay daft when there is an evac call? How much is the hurricane component of homeowners insurrance?