Happy Thanksgiving!

• Start date
  • Replies 78 Comments
  • Views 3,581 Views
Well I thought I had everything timed out perfectly, and my turkey ended up being done 2 hours too early!
No idea how that happened. So I turned the heat down, and will continue to relax. Good thing is there is PLENTY of pan drippings so I know it won't dry out.
I think Saturday I will use the left over turkey for Turkey pot pie, the soup, not the actual pie (which is a Pennsylvania dutch dish that I grew up eating and I love so much). I look forward to this. I love soup.

Plommer is stealing music for his FLAC/MP3 collection via Pirate Bay today!

Happy Thanksgiving!

:cigar:

Last edited:
This is the only cat I have ever met that doesn't want the giblets! Oh well, I will put outside for her mimime, I am sure the kitten will eat it.

Going to be drunk before the guests arrive at 7:30. I blame the Cowboys Defense.

Blitty, if Plommer was American and living in the USA he would probably still be incarcerated.

Plommer served a couple of 6 month sentences in Canada that would have netted 5+ years or more in the USA.

Pass.

For what?

:guitar:

Various property offences involving obtaining credit under false pretenses, personation, uttering forged documents etc, plus I was acquitted of a $250k fraud (fraud over Five Thousand Dollars) charge in 1998 - spent a week in the Toronto East Detention Centre waiting for my buddy to get back from Florida and post my $50k bail.

Glad we had a good lawyer, we would have received a 4+ yr penitentiary term if we got convicted of that one.

No, I did not net $250k, I had partners.

Matty the Canadian banking system had some flaws back in those days, BMO made some changes after my arrest.

Last edited:
I got a free turkey from purchase of $30 or more

what I do with a turkey :square:

Rogie Cami has worked nohing short of magic with this hugh bird

she will advise you

denada.png

I got a free turkey from purchase of $30 or more

what I do with a turkey :square:

Rog, first thing you need is to know how many pounds it is-cook 20 minutes per pound.
1. Wash Turkey inside and out. Remove innards. (i.e. Giblets, hart, liver-I usually feed this to the cats)
2. preheat oven to 350 degrees
3. season turkey- I use sage, thyme, rosemary, pepper, salt, and a little butter or EVOO.
4.cook! - while cooking, be sure to every 30-60 minutes baste the bird, this is just using the juices that came from the bird, and pouring them over the bird a few times to keep it moist. if you have a turkey baster, use that, other wise just scoop and poor with a spoon. :)
that's it, if you have any other specfics questions just let me know.
Also , be sure to check on your turkey every hour, sometimes, as I learned today, they end up getting done faster then expected. lGood luck Rog!
If you have left over turkey, I have a few recipes I could send you way of different things to make with it.

Rog, first thing you need is to know how many pounds it is-cook 20 minutes per pound.
1. Wash Turkey inside and out. Remove innards. (i.e. Giblets, hart, liver-I usually feed this to the cats)
2. preheat oven to 350 degrees
3. season turkey- I use sage, thyme, rosemary, pepper, salt, and a little butter or EVOO.
4.cook! - while cooking, be sure to every 30-60 minutes baste the bird, this is just using the juices that came from the bird, and pouring them over the bird a few times to keep it moist. if you have a turkey baster, use that, other wise just scoop and poor with a spoon. :)
that's it, if you have any other specfics questions just let me know.
Also , be sure to check on your turkey every hour, sometimes, as I learned today, they end up getting done faster then expected. lGood luck Rog!
If you have left over turkey, I have a few recipes I could send you way of different things to make with it.

but I like liver and heart