Got a question. Kinda techyish

• Start date
  • Replies 542 Comments
  • Views 33,154 Views
That's a 32 incher?

I will replace Windows 10 on my machine and go with PopOS full time. I had them on dual boot but I have no use for Windows. Will be my first time I'll be Windows-less.

That's a 32 incher?

I will replace Windows 10 on my machine and go with PopOS full time. I had them on dual boot but I have no use for Windows. Will be my first time I'll be Windows-less.
I liked Pop OS and MX Linux but both would freeze my PC up solid whenever I opened a video file, regardless of the file format. I dual boot Win10 and MXLinux and MXLinux is fucking FAST , extremely fast when using brave browser, nothing compares.

My monitor is a 29in widescreen. In the future I may upgrade to a 34 curved widescreen. Never going back to 16:9.
Love the 21:9 widescreen as looking left to right is so easy.

Can't ditch Windows completely as its just better for video/sound. I use a Steelseries 7 wireless headset and the sound is good in Linux but the sound is 10X better using the Steelseries app in Win 10. Cant get 7.1 surround sound to work in Linux.

I listen to a lot of music, have spotify on 12 hours a day.

Last edited:
OH Jeeeeeezus

the transformation is complete
Matty is going full dad joke

Do you live in a jail?
These apts were built in the late 40's for returning soldiers. So they used brick to separate units. Its quite comfy actually but yeah the bricks make it look ghetto.

It's kinda neat actually. I spent a couple hundred bucks to get a faux brick look in my shop.

OH Jeeeeeezus

the transformation is complete
Matty is going full dad joke

lol, the windows-less/jail juxtaposition was purely accidental. I was referring to plommer's walls. You prick.

(Sometimes I tuck my knees into my chest and lean forward.

That's just how I roll.)

With which player?
I've tried at least 4 different ones, including and starting with VLC. As soon as I open the video in Linux the pc stops responding. No keyboard or mouse functions at all. Have to kill the power and re-boot. I'm tired of having to fuck with it. I'll just use Windows for multimedia.

I'm using a Lenovo ThinkCentre M93p Tiny Desktop with Intel i5 4570 Quad Core CPU and 16 GB RAM.
Had to put in a cheap Nvidia 710 GPU (low profile) as the PC only came with Display Ports for the monitor and mine requires HDMI.

Also, in the future I will only use Display Port monitors as the HDMI connections are flaky and unreliable as fuck, the cables can and do pop out too easily. I like the locking mechanism of Display Port, plus DP is a superior technology to HDMI.

ah sorry

I missed the picture

Plommer is in a college dorm

back to school

lol, the windows-less/jail juxtaposition was purely accidental. I was referring to plommer's walls. You prick.

(Sometimes I tuck my knees into my chest and lean forward.

That's just how I roll.)
Well to be specific, I live in community housing, overseen by the city of Windsor. In order to be approved to live here you must be over 50 and a Canadian citizen. I was allowed to move in before the age of 50 because at the time Windsor was practically empty.

Yes, its small, but it I have everything I need, recliner, queen bed, managers chair, desk, extra fan, extra heater, high speed internet, a bus that stops 50 ft away from here and takes me downtown. etc etc etc.

When I want to watch tv I swing the TV out and sit on the recliner. If I'm in bed I adjust the tv so I can see it easily from there.

Kitchen and bathroom behind me. Trusty and loving companion on the bed, I can stroke my pussy anytime I want.
The cat has access to the outside world via a flap in the window just for him, he has lots of space to roam even though the apt is small.
He lets himself in and out and never uses the litterbox in the bathroom. I haven't bought cat litter in two years.

Its no mansion but its all I need and am very happy to be here. Really.

20201106_141118.jpg

20201106_143038.jpg

Last edited:
So the cat just shits on the sidewalk and you let other people deal with it?

Boner, take notes.

So the cat just shits on the sidewalk and you let other people deal with it?

Boner, take notes.
Sidewalk? My cat is not a fucking heathen, pal.
He shits in peoples gardens and then buries it. Pretty classy actually.

Can you get fiber internet?
Rouge, pal, fibre internet is a city block away from me. Green coverage area has fibre highspeed, my area is waiting for it to be installed.
As soon as fibre is available I'm switching to the local ISP here MNSI.

gvdngd.png

I work with people from Detroit. They all said that when they were 18, they would go to Windsor to get drunk and puke all over the place. Then get back to 🇺🇸 asap.

I’m thinking we should do a GL bash there.