Go Leafs Go! Official game 7 LEAFS/Bruins thread.

• Start date
  • Replies 86 Comments
  • Views 6,546 Views
A little surprised Windsor is 50/50. I would have expected more Detroit fans. Red Wings have a pretty large season ticket base in Windsor.

A little surprised Windsor is 50/50. I would have expected more Detroit fans. Red Wings have a pretty large season ticket base in Windsor.

I'm surprised there aren't more Leaf fans. Windsor is only a few hours from Toronto and in the same province.

Yes the Red Wings are much closer (5 mins away) but still in a different country.

There are plenty of Windsorites that cheer for both teams.

I'm 100% sure if the Leafs had the same success as the Wings the last dozen years or so there would be way more Leaf fans here.
Everyone loves a winner and the wings have won a fuck of alot up until recently.

The Leafs are still by far the most popular team in this country, Habs are a distant second.

Next years outdoor classic featuring the Wings/Leafs will show just how popular the Toronto Maple Leafs are.

It won't surprise me to see Leaf fans (make the trip from Canada) outnumber Red Wing fans even in a football stadium in Michigan.

It won't surprise me to see Leaf fans (make the trip from Canada) outnumber Red Wing fans even in a football stadium in Michigan.

Not the ones with Police record.

Not the ones with Police record.

They need a waiver, costs $600 USD.

ps: most Leaf fans are police record free.

Getting through without being checked is much more likely if you're on a chrter bus from Canada, US Immigration guy usually just briefly looks at passports to ensure everyone is Canadian.

Canadians>Mexicans to US border officials, and rightfully so. We go back to Canada after our US visits.

Did you see this?

Canadian police made more arrests on Wednesday in connection with the PlatinumSB online sports betting operation, the third bout of arrests since a Super Bowl party hosted by site organizers was raided on Feb. 3. In addition to the six individuals arrested by the Combined Forces Special Enforcement Unit on Super Bowl Sunday, 18 more individuals connected with the Ontario-based credit betting operation were taken into custody on March 5. Three more individuals were arrested on Wednesday, and warrants were issued for two more.

Among those charged on Wednesday with bookmaking and committing a crime for the benefit of a criminal organization was Hiesam Kadri, a London, Ontario used car salesman who just happens to be the uncle of Toronto Maple Leafs hockey player Nazem Kadri. (Doh!) Crown attorney Henry Poon told CTV News that the individuals arrested on Wednesday were late comers to the operation, having been recruited to fill the void left by the other arrests.

PlatinumSBs customers placed their wagers online but all financial transactions were conducted on the ground using betting agents. Poon said that PlatinumSBs brain trust was apparently unaware that the Crowns authorization for wiretap and recording devices had not expired with the original arrests, and Kadris recruitment as a bookie was caught on tape prior to the most recent action. As part of the original action in February, PlatinumSBs Costa Rican website had its .com domain seized, but the site was relaunched within hours using a .tk domain.

I never saw the Kadri involvement, no. I was aware of everything else.

Fukkin Leafs give me a heart attack whenever they are in their end.

Bruins strategy obviously is to pressure the Leafs in the Leaf end and their defense pinches almost 100% of the time.

Leafs definitely the faster team, and younger. I think the advantage edges towards the Leafs as the game wears on.

If they don't cough up the puck like they did on the B's first goal, that is.

Good game so far.

that platinumsb.tk is not working for me

I'm surprised there aren't more Leaf fans. Windsor is only a few hours from Toronto and in the same province.

Yes the Red Wings are much closer (5 mins away) but still in a different country.

There are plenty of Windsorites that cheer for both teams.

I'm 100% sure if the Leafs had the same success as the Wings the last dozen years or so there would be way more Leaf fans here.
Everyone loves a winner and the wings have won a fuck of alot up until recently.

The Leafs are still by far the most popular team in this country, Habs are a distant second.

Next years outdoor classic featuring the Wings/Leafs will show just how popular the Toronto Maple Leafs are.

It would me. Toronto may have 20K fans at that (which is a lot). This whole state is Red Wings and will draw well from Toledo also.

Windsor is in Canada but still considered a Detroit suburb. I'm in Michigan but considered a Chicago market. You get more Michigan channels than me and I live in the state. I get one - Fox Sports Detroit.

that platinumsb.tk is not working for me

Rouge its been changed a few times since then.

www.vsb.ag is one of the current sites.

It would me. Toronto may have 20K fans at that (which is a lot). This whole state is Red Wings and will draw well from Toledo also.
Yeah true enough. The game is in Michigan.

This game 7 is delivering so far, lots of non calls then a really soft fukkin call on the Leafs late 2nd period.

Common Leafs hold on, one time!

Hope they do for you Plommer! Didn't think they could do it!

Would be great for the NHL if Toronto won.

Toronto has won 19% of the faceoffs tonight.

Toronto has won 19% of the faceoffs tonight.

Yeah their best faceoff guy is out AND they have made plenty of mistakes in their own end but their speed and youth have given them a big chance.

Boston has to be gassed.

Common one time!

The Bruins look very tired... They are going to really have to get going or get lucky to win tonight.

That could be the one that sinks Boston there....