Do I have any chance of getting this job?

• Start date
  • Replies 55 Comments
  • Views 4,923 Views
Just called, got her voicemail. This is annoying. Do I just wait patiently for a call back, or call her back again at some point today? How soon/long to show that I have initiative and want the job, but am not a desperate impatient creep?

Fuck. I've been with the same girl and out of work for so long, I forgot all the fun/excitement of phone tag.

Just sit pat Dave. She has the message. If you hear nothing by days end, call back first thing in the a.m.

Just sit pat Dave. She has the message. If you hear nothing by days end, call back first thing in the a.m.

Thanks for the confirmation... that was my initial plan of attack. I feel like calling again today after having already left a message is probably overkill.

I agree 100%. Persistence is great, a pain in the ass is not, lol. Good luck and keep us posted!

Dave, you should try some positive visualization. Go to the barber and get a spiffy new haircut and a hot shave in anticipation of your first day at the new job, buy a fresh tie and then spend the rest of the day celebrating your victory. I bet she call to offer you the job within 24 hours of doing that.

Good Luck dave i have a interview on Wednesday hopefully i dont get the run around after.

Thanks for the confirmation... that was my initial plan of attack. I feel like calling again today after having already left a message is probably overkill.

Dave, I don't mean to be a kill joy, but I interview a fair amount of people for many different types of positions. One thing I never, ever tell someone is that they will hear from me either way. It's simply an unrealistic statement to make. While it would be the kind thing to do, I do not have time to pick up the phone to call all candidates and potentially deal with a 10-15 minute conversation as to why they didn't get the position. I send an email or letter to those who didn't make the cut.

Wait until Wednesday and call back if you haven't heard from her. If she has an assistant or if there is a receptionist at the main number, ask them if the position has been filled. Or check to see if she has been out of the office this week. You never know, something may have come up...but if so, it would have been nice for her to have someone call the candidates so that they aren't left hanging.

GL, Mr. Dave.

Thats sucks Dave. I know how you feel. :theshrink:

Just got said email.

Oh well. Thanks for the support/well wishes, guys.

I'm sorry to hear the news, Dave. I moved down to Florida almost four years ago and took the first job I could find, working as a business manager. I am still working for the same company today and have since worked my way up the ladder. If you find a desirable company but the position you are looking for isn't available, consider applying for the job that is. You never know where you may end up in four years from now. :panda:

You wouldn't want to work for me. I am nothing like I am here.

Sorry to hear that Dave. I totally get where you are coming from. Been there so many times recently.