Do I have any chance of getting this job?

• Start date
  • Replies 55 Comments
  • Views 4,925 Views
Guys you need to stand out in this job market. Drop off hand written thank you letters. Get a degree (from a real college). Bring in a PP presentation on why you feel you are the best fit for the job...

Can't just interview and hope.

Juror, I expect a lot from my people. Juror, you wouldn't like my "I am disappointed in your work" face.

I bet I wouldn't, but I do want to see it for the kicks of it, at the World Cup mini-bash in Ft Lauderdale. :highfive:

Robyn,

Based on Florida employment laws/labour standards, what would you constitute as insubordination? I'm curious.

Robyn,

Based on Florida employment laws/labour standards, what would you constitute as insubordination? I'm curious.

Insubordination has very little to do with labor laws. It is a lack of respect for the chain of command, your superiors and the company for which you work.

If you are speaking of termination for insubordination, I would have to follow company policy. Company policy is such that I would have to document reasons as to why the person should be terminated from their job. Florida is an "at will" state, but that means very little in this litigious society.

I am speaking about termination for insubordination. What are some valid samples? I was always curious about this.

Juror, I expect a lot from my people. Juror, you wouldn't like my "I am disappointed in your work" face.

I personally would like to work for a woman. Usually they don't belong the the old boys, er I mean old lady's club, and they are always direct with the job expectations. working for dudes is always like hitting a moving target.

So all you young ladys need to start getting interested in engineering. For one it freaks out everybody in the field to actually see a woman, so it gives you power right off the bat, and I need female bosses to work under in the future.

Insubordination has very little to do with labor laws. It is a lack of respect for the chain of command, your superiors and the company for which you work.

If you are speaking of termination for insubordination, I would have to follow company policy. Company policy is such that I would have to document reasons as to why the person should be terminated from their job. Florida is an "at will" state, but that means very little in this litigious society.

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Robyn is a fucking drill sergeant.:reload:

Seriously Robyn did one hell of a job in telling VegasDave ahead of time the procedures in the hiring process. The girl called it and I would work for her anytime. Believe or not I am a no nonsense person where work is involved. Your there to do a job, do it and then go home and play! :yes:

I am speaking about termination for insubordination. What are some valid samples? I was always curious about this.

Say I ask my assistant to type a memo regarding a change in policy and give it to the employees. Perhaps the policy change is something she doesn't agree with, so she chooses not to give the memo to the employees after I had specifically asked her to do so.

Or if I asked one of our drivers to go to the post office to pick up a roll of stamps, something that is not at all unreasonable, and he refused.

Another example would be if an employee threatened their supervisor.

Robyn is sharp