Do Americans really believe they live in the freest country on earth?

• Start date
  • Replies 192 Comments
  • Views 10,362 Views
Watch Fox News and you'll understand, Plommer.

Most people who say that America enjoys more freedom than anyone else have never left the country.

then what is true personal freedom, betplom?

The short answer is to not be a slave to the dollar and consumerism, this is my personal belief.

Relationships with people and family are important, this becomes more evident to me as I age.

Then what is your beef with the country that protects you from getting slaughtered?
I don't have a beef with any country, and the country that you describe as protecting us from slaughter is also our biggest threat. America would only "protect" Canada because it's looking out for its own interests. Canadians know this.

Who is after Canada that we need protection from?

The short answer is to not be a slave to the dollar and consumerism, this is my personal belief.

Relationships with people and family are important, this becomes more evident to me as I age.

Fuck people.

Most people who say that America enjoys more freedom than anyone else have never left the country.

Freedom in a country with the highest % of it's population in prison in the world is kind of an odd idea. Freedom to do what?

There are many good reasons people come to the USA, but freedom to do shit is rarely among them.

Meh.

Pretty soon Cantor will own every book in Vegas anyway.

That sounds terrible.

Online sports betting is dying a rapid death too. I'm gonna hang myself in my basement.

If relationships with family and people are important than why spend so much time opposing the so-called freedom and democracy of a country that you don't even live in?

You have 14,000 posts on an Internet forum. That doesn't contribute to time/relationships with family.

I know this, I'm genuinely interested in hearing honest answers from intelligent posters like yourself and Durito.

Reeto is ultimately credibile as he has spent much time outside of the USA.

Monkey we haven't really talked much except for the argument over Bodemeister which you crushed me on. Would it seem a bit strange to you if I used your photo as my avatar?

haha fiver told me he bounced the paypal check to durito and tells durito to go suck it.

That sounds terrible.

Online sports betting is dying a rapid death too. I'm gonna hang myself in my basement.

Pretty much. The Pinny debacle is a huge thorn in my side right now.

I was actually considering buying a place in Canada.

If relationships with family and people are important than why spend so much time opposing the so-called freedom and democracy of a country that you don't even live in?

You have 14,000 posts on an Internet forum. That doesn't contribute to time/relationships with family.

Where did you come up with me "opposing" freedom and democracy in a country I don't live in?

14k posts means I have lots of free time on my hands, when I'm not posting I'm likely sleeping til noon or out participating in leisure activities of some sort.

I have no job, no debt, no mortgage, no car, no responsibility and government provided healthcare insurance coverage. I'm good.

I have some freedom.

I realize the lifestyle I chose may not be for everyone.

Monkey we haven't really talked much except for the argument over Bodemeister which you crushed me on. Would it seem a bit strange to you if I used your photo as my avatar?

LOL. Yeah. A little bit.