Days like today, it hits me.

• Start date
  • Replies 80 Comments
  • Views 7,036 Views
Technically speaking, most civil legal actions have a standard time limit. Car accidents and workman's comp cases have a two year filing period. But for the majority of civil actions, you have a year to file suit. And since they still have employees in the US, they should still have some liability here and be open to litigation.

Can you tell I worked in a law office?

Nina, from what I have heard, the "employees" still in the US are contracted...although I am sure there is no real contract involved. Back when I wrote the American Idol article for SBR two seasons ago, I had to ask quite a few times whether or not they were going to send a 1099. I think Dozer's response was "Uh, yeah...I guess we will do that" and then put me in contact with Shannon (or is it Shannen?) Shit like that is going to cause some troubles down the road.

But the business didn't fold. It moved. So I think the liability factor for the remaining part of the year should still be in effect. Since the offices have relocated, there is even a chance that you could get away with doing a service by publication in a newspaper there where the offices were located.

Unreal VegasDave! How do these people sleep at nights? How much money do rich people need? This is just another example of why I would never go back to there as a full time member. Even if they changed all their policies to my liking, prior management wrongs show me that they can't be trusted. No TRUST for me, no deal than. Sooner or later your going to get screwed. :yes:

Thanks for the support guys.

Nina, that's an amazing find. My hiring didn't cost SBR a cent. Yes, they did forward me 3K, but they in turn took $250 per paycheck back (and then the $1250 for the final 5 months), and then paid me no severance. What a flat out liar!

My favorite part was Bill trying to blackmail me into taking the 1099 job. I shit you not: "If you keep writing for us, we don't have to worry about the money you owe us from what we forwarded you..."

I probably should have taken legal action back when I had the chance, but I was so emotionally fucked over the whole thing I just wanted my distance from them as soon as possible. And honestly, I didn't want to deal with lawyer fees, because I was (and still am) broke. Now, even if they weren't in CR, I'm sure they could use my actions here on this board to make me out to be a disgruntled employee who didn't do his job correctly.

Thanks for the support guys.

Nina, that's an amazing find. My hiring didn't cost SBR a cent. Yes, they did forward me 3K, but they in turn took $250 per paycheck back (and then the $1250 for the final 5 months), and then paid me no severance. What a flat out liar!

My favorite part was Bill trying to blackmail me into taking the 1099 job. I shit you not: "If you keep writing for us, we don't have to worry about the money you owe us from what we forwarded you..."

I probably should have taken legal action back when I had the chance, but I was so emotionally fucked over the whole thing I just wanted my distance from them as soon as possible. And honestly, I didn't want to deal with lawyer fees, because I was (and still am) broke. Now, even if they weren't in CR, I'm sure they could use my actions here on this board to make me out to be a disgruntled employee who didn't do his job correctly.

so they wanted you on a 1099 but told you what time to be at work, what to do at work and how it was to be done.
that is a big red flag for the IRS on the employee/sub contradiction.
being in the construction biz this is a common occurance amoung contractors and a fine line to walk if you play that game which could eventually lead to some serious back taxes/fines if the IRS ever finds out about it.

take that info and do what ya want with it if indeed they have employees that are treated as subs.
the IRS loves tips

Dave, do you have Dozer's "offer" in writing or did he just mention that when he was firing you?

Also, I have no idea what you were making there, but if taking $1250 out of your last paycheck left you below the federal minimum wage limit ($7.25), they have broken the law.

Take a look at the second page and read on. This will also explain the calculation to determine whether or not the $1250 put you below the minimum wage threshold. http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs30.pdf

the sia banner should be up soon there. let's make 1,000 accounts on their affiliate link.

What kind of man acts like this?

Bill Dozer is less than a man.

He really should be ashamed of himself.

Guy has been a professional gambler since he was 12 years old, you would think he'd have a little more class.

Fiver, there is a huge difference between statistical knowledge and common sense. If you have ever had the pleasure of speaking with him on the phone, you would understand. He may look good on paper but verbally, he can barely string two thoughts together.

That should read in the gambling business fivey, but that's always a fun one to look back on. Dozer couldn't be an advantage player if he had the half time scores before the game.

In case people don't know, when John hired Dozer they put out on online bio saying he had something like 15 years experience in the gambling industry. Of course some people did some digging and found out he was only 24 years old.

Fiver, there is a huge difference between statistical knowledge and common sense. If you have ever had the pleasure of speaking with him on the phone, you would understand. He may look good on paper but verbally, he can barely string two thoughts together.

He doesn't have any statistical knowledge either.

I figured as much.

I like Bill. But that's only because I'm a superficial being, and that is one sexy man!!

:kiss2:

That should read in the gambling business fivey, but that's always a fun one to look back on. Dozer couldn't be an advantage player if he had the half time scores before the game.

In case people don't know, when John hired Dozer they put out on online bio saying he had something like 15 years experience in the gambling industry. Of course some people did some digging and found out he was only 24 years old.

:pavy:

lol, I've had guys come on a job saying they got 20 yrs experience that are 30 yrs old but cant read a tape measure:wacko:

S-faggot-R behaved classlessly, no question.

At the same time I can't help but question you Dave for agreeing to the situation in the first place. Relocating at your own expense to go work for a dopey website built around jjgold? I know I recommended against it at the time (although you didn't know me from Adam).

They did behave shabbily but it was not totally unforeseeable. You were guilty of being too trusting. I have been guilty of that several times in my life too. Live and learn.

Beware of companies with "faggot" in the middle of their name.

you got hosed Tommy...
you got hosed

Relocating at your own expense to go work for a dopey website built around jjgold?

It really sounds bad when you put it like that