• Replies 80 Comments
  • Views 7,016 Views

Vegas Dave

Not a Real GameLiver
Since
Jan 28, 2010
Score
Tokens
On a day to day basis, I don't really think much about what SBR did to me. It's in the past, no sense in dwelling on it.

But today I was getting my car registered here in Cali, which ran me $180. Tomorrow I need to get my smog test, and soon I'll have to do the Driver's License swap, which will be more fees.

Still amazing to me that SBR not only made me pay for my move out there out of pocket, but they also gave me $0 in severance, making my newly fired ass pay for for my move back out of pocket as well. And now these fees, which I paid Texas and am now paying again, all too come out of my pocket.

Such is life. Just days like today make me realize fuck, that $1250 that Bill took back from me from the money they forwarded me to move out there was fucking pennies to them as a company, while it would have been a massive help to me through the transition. But of course, all that matters is the bottom line.

Dave, S-Faggot-R John said that they paid the moving expenses. Now we all know how honorable he is.

Want me to pay someone to serve him a sneezer?

Dave, S-Faggot-R John said that they paid the moving expenses. Now we all know how honorable he is.

Want me to pay someone to serve him a sneezer?

Wow, he didn't really, did he?

Do you really have to ask?

I feel your pain though. Things have gotten bad here also. My job dried up and I have been looking as well. And it sucks.

Do you really have to ask?

I feel your pain though. Things have gotten bad here also. My job dried up and I have been looking as well. And it sucks.

Sorry to hear it :(.

It's not that big of an area. I think the whole county is 80,000. And several industries here have recently laided off and/or closed.

It is not standard practice paying for moving expenses after you get fired. But if they withheld money from your paycheck it's cheap and classless. Even if they fire you 1 month after they hire you the money they paid in advance for moving expenses is yours. Also next time before you relocate 2,000 miles find out for what kind of scumbags you will be working for. Mofome leaving them cold and dry should have been a good person to talk to before you made the move.

Good luck!

Is there a Ministry of Labour in Texas or something?

Dave, you should seriously consider filing a grievance.

Good food for thought. My new company is interviewing me tomorrow, and I already know that they are interested in getting out of this shit hole called Reading, PA. Then again they want to move the entire operation to an even bigger shit hole called Detroit Mi. Compensation as always will dictate my actions, but I will be aware of what happened to you, and make sure that before I pull up and move out, I have a decent contract to guard against all of the pitfalls you have discribed.

It is not standard practice paying for moving expenses after you get fired. But if they withheld money from your paycheck it's cheap and classless. Even if they fire you 1 month after they hire you the money they paid in advance for moving expenses is yours. Also next time before you relocate 2,000 miles find out for what kind of scumbags you will be working for. Mofome leaving them cold and dry should have been a good person to talk to before you made the move.

Good luck!

No, but it isn't terribly un-standard to pay severance.

Remember that bizarre blog that popped up for like 2 hrs last year during the middle of the day?

It was basically a disgruntled ex SBR employee ranting. Good stuff. I wonder who that was.

Good food for thought. My new company is interviewing me tomorrow, and I already know that they are interested in getting out of this shit hole called Reading, PA. Then again they want to move the entire operation to an even bigger shit hole called Detroit Mi. Compensation as always will dictate my actions, but I will be aware of what happened to you, and make sure that before I pull up and move out, I have a decent contract to guard against all of the pitfalls you have discribed.

Good idea. I was happy enough to accept having some of my salary forwarded to me and have a set amount taken out of my check the first year to pay it off; what I never anticipated was being laid off before even being given a full year, and then having what I still owed them (the remaining $1250) taken out of my final paycheck.

Remember that bizarre blog that popped up for like 2 hrs last year during the middle of the day?

It was basically a disgruntled ex SBR employee ranting. Good stuff. I wonder who that was.

I'm not aware of an ex SBR employee who left them in good terms. They must run that place like the Nazis run the camps. My guess is they make many promises to the employees and when they can't fulfill them they fire them.

sean

That was Sean, the first guy John convinced to move to CR with promises of huge bonuses and a cushy lifestyle only to fire him three weeks before he was to receive his first bonus. He had to pay to move his family back to the States out of pocket too.

Where is taco when we need him? He would have that post of S-faggot-R John's stating about paying all moving expenses up in no time.

Found it! In Deuce's State of the Union thread

SfaggotR_John
I agree with some and some is just a bit misinformed. I know there is Pavy and I guess you that nearly every post is directed at JJ. JJ Gold is not a paid poster like King Revolver or Mofo. He does not take orders. I dont like him promoting RW or whipping out his piece but that comes with the territory. JJ Gold is a great person and poster. If you dont like him then simply put him on ignore and do not read him. Its really quite easy.

As far as the employees go. I'll just say this; SBR at a tremendous expense to the company hires guys and pays all their moving expenses and fronts them cash to settle in. The very LAST thing we want is to lose an employee which by then is a tremendous investment. SBR has many many guys who have been here since day 1. Bill has moved all over the world as have many others. If someone we invested so heavily in to relocate did not work out you can bet your very last dollar there was a good reason for it. Of course you are only going to hear their side because I'm not going to divulge info on employees.

A couple of guys left and at least one was planning all along to start a forum. No biggie. SBR has a few rules that members have to follow just like every other forum. Did you notice not one guy who left went to a major forum? We are not the only forum with a rule or two.

Otherwise, thanks for taking the time to write up your State of the Union. Hopefully it can be a yearly event.

Dave, you and I discussed this a while back. I don't think many people realize the tremendous burden employers carry to ensure labor laws and fair practice is carried out in the workplace, particularly in the way terminations are handled. It is illegal for an employer to withhold pay, particularly in the final paycheck, without a previously signed wage deduction agreement. From what you told me, the travel expenses were a verbal agreement and the only paperwork you signed were the I9 and W2 forms. Yet another egregious act on SBR's part, which speaks volumes as to the way business is being handled behind the scenes.

All employers, regardless of the size of the organization, should have a new hire packet, including an Employee Handbook which outlines benefits (if any), disciplinary procedures and policies which speak specifically to expectations of the company. From what you told me, you received none of this, not even a job description highlighting what Dozer expected from you on a day-to-day basis. Now that SBR has relocated outside of the US, I fear you you have zero recourse. Had you acted on this right away, you could have made things pretty uncomfortable for Dozer.

It is a common misconception that "at-will" employment states empower the employer to terminate an employee at any time for whatever reasons they so desire. It is arrogance such as this which lands an employer smack dab in the middle of a lawsuit. In addition to "at-will" employment being useless, the 90-day probationary period hardly has a leg to stand on anymore.

To be safe, employers should implement clean disciplinary policies and follow the verbal, written, final warning process. Anyone who fails to document reasons why the termination was justified, deserves what they get, especially in this litigation-happy country.