Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,013 Comments
  • Views 168,405 Views
But yeah the idea is, let's not talk about re opening things, until we get enough. let's at least finish our 15 days out

Worldwide we're up to 15% death rate in closed cases, but also up to 96% mild cases in active ones!

Toronto stockpiled 55 million masks after the 2003 SARS thing. Turns out the elastic has deteriorated since and the masks can't be used. 🤦‍♂️

Gotta say, when watching the white house briefing, those guys seem reasonable, measured, optimistic, talking more or less substantively.
And then I watch the media reports on it, it's like Russiagate all over again. Empty hateful rhetoric. Really people, it's embarrassing

Gotta say, when watching the white house briefing, those guys seem reasonable, measured, optimistic, talking more or less substantively.
And then I watch the media reports on it, it's like Russiagate all over again. Empty hateful rhetoric. Really people, it's embarrassing

I agree with you 100% with the caveat that Trump is ALWAYS the worst public speaker behind the podium whether there are 3 people back there or 7 people.

Dude does not have the gift of delivery.

now that the CDC has been gagged I get all my Coronavirus news from the White House Coronavirus Task Force :popcorn

I wonder what the future of the handshake will be post-virus.

F052F438-3DAB-48D4-9D6C-AB0B59A1513F.jpeg

Perhaps the doctors are not helping...

I need to socially distance myself from the fridge.
:drag:

Good decision. Some related information. 72.3% of 196 critical ill people in UK have BMI over 25 with mean age of 64.

A doctor has warned that obese people appear to be at higher risk from coronavirus. Stefan de Hert, who is a former president of the European Society of Anaesthesiology, highlighted unpublished data from Italy on the types of patients with Covid-19 admitted to intensive care. He said: ‘The mean age of all Covid-19 patients is 70 years, and one of the major risk factors for admission to intensive care is obesity. ‘Although it is mostly more serious in older patients, patients less than 50 years old without underlying conditions seem to constitute one in every five of the Covid-19 ICU patients.

Sources:

Middle of the road Democrat here.......

Jake Tapper of CNN. Wow. What a smug, fear mongering ass.

At first I thought it was someone doing a parody of a news broadcaster

Matty, what is the SOONEST you could see yourself boarding a commercial jet?

The guy I was listening to on cnbc earlier was unreal. Sounds similar.

btw, wh people conference, looks like they're focusing on the 15 days. Sounds like the theory is to try the restrictions for that amount of time, hopefully get some value out of it, and then move on to more reasonable approaches. Sounds right to me :up

Matty, what is the SOONEST you could see yourself boarding a commercial jet?

Probably summer of next year

(Not saying no one will - I just don't think we're all gonna go back to a somewhat
normal life before then. I have no need to travel for work.)

Probably summer of next year

Wow.

Here’s how I feel about this thing:

You can run but you can’t hide.

Shelter-in-place everyone for a month or 6 weeks so we can flatten the curve so hospitals aren’t overwhelmed? I’m all for it. Count me in.

But this virus is going to be EVERYWHERE.

And I’m not gonna to live in my fucking master bathroom for 18 months so there’s a CHANCE I don’t get it.

And I’m not gonna to live in my fucking master bathroom for 18 months so there’s a CHANCE I don’t get it.
Sure but what are you going to do while everything is closed and the majority of people are in some sort of isolation?

Life will go on and eventually things will go back to "normal" but for the next while life as we know it is on hold.

We are just spectators, pal.

I was thinking just the other day that I probably will not get another passport in the forseeable future. I have no desire whatsoever to leave Canada for any reason. This could change, but I really don't think so. There really is no place I'd rather be than somewhere in this country..