• Start date
  • Replies 3,015 Comments
  • Views 175,323 Views
reno, davey died Today at 9:31 AM

Coronavirus got him

:scholar:

Reported

Screenshot_20200501_151940_com.android.chrome.jpg

Isn't everyone in agreement that we want to operate at the max level of "curve" we can? In other words JUST under the level that represents a crush on the health care system?

We're not going to eradicate this thing, our hopes are herd or vaccine. Flattening the curve was never about flattening it to zero it was about giving our system a reprieve and the scientists time. But we can also pursue herd immunity while allowing a good chunk of zero risk individuals back out there, probably even half the population.

Hi dave.

Isn't everyone in agreement that we want to operate at the max level of "curve" we can? In other words JUST under the level that represents a crush on the health care system?

I'm in agreement. The only issue is one we're facing today - with so many COVID cases, you need to find a way to segregate them from the non-COVID patients (and doctors/staff) so that regular healthcare can work alongside COVID.

But yes.

We're not going to eradicate this thing, our hopes are herd or vaccine. Flattening the curve was never about flattening it to zero it was about giving our system a reprieve and the scientists time. But we can also pursue herd immunity while allowing a good chunk of zero risk individuals back out there, probably even half the population.

Hi dave.
:yes: I think people got the idea we get rid of it altogether by hiding. And thegovernors and Faucis seem to be encouraging that thinking. Even though they never claim there's that goal.

Have to let the kids develop immunity. It's either them or the old. Big mistake closing schools

fuck you corona virus. and a big ol fuck u to UPS for being a lot slower than the post office at delivering stuff.
1 week and still waiting for my package travelling 250 miles.
tUqUb1Z.png

Haha where is that?

Like the Pres has stated the US is a "big" country with varying virus results depending on where you live! Take for example FLA which other than the county Tron resides and 2 other counties, will semi-open tomorrow! Of course reasoning by DeSantis being most of FLA's cases have come from those 3 counties!

Going beyond that, I look at the numbers this way in agreeing with the gov's decision! FLA 1364 deaths from 35,463 cases gives you a BAD 3.8% death rate for a FLU! Disregarding the death rate for a moment the thing is with 21,478,000 population those 35K+ cases gives you .0016% (not even close to 1%) of the FLA population that GOT IT so far! Swine flu in 2009 affected 20% of Americans! To the non-openers what's the number that must be reached to open up in FLA?

Is the above number 4,295,000 Floridians (20%) contracting COVID till we open up again? Swine of course not even close to how fatal COVID has been so far but ..... I hear much talk about this BAD flu not completely disappearing and even coming back next season! I think better chance it does but FLA along with the rest of the country will no doubt be better equipped to handle it. "Word on the street" was lots of happy random discussion with strangers past couple days!

PS DeSantis if posters don't know let plenty of road projects continue through this virus shutdown period! Less traffic on roads with most of these people working outdoors not closely together! SMART!

Three Russian doctors have been thrown out of the window in the recent weeks. Each of them had complained about lack of PPE. Two of them are dead and this one is struggling for his life.