Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,013 Comments
  • Views 172,078 Views
MrX
Do whatever you want. But why don't you want the booster?
Did you get it, Mr.X?

This week I hit 6 months from my 2nd Moderna and I’ve been flip flopping on getting the boost.

My colleague just got it and said she has strange lymph node pain.

THERE ARE NO SIDE EFFECTS. Goddamit Blitty, listen to the experts!

Looks like the booster won't be made mandatory here for healthy adults under 70. For now anyway.

I'll take all the approved shit. 🤷‍♂️ Vaccines seem like such a strange thing to push back against.

Did you get it, Mr.X?

This week I hit 6 months from my 2nd Moderna and I’ve been flip flopping on getting the boost.
J & J Originally, Moderna Booster. I also got my first shingles vaccine on the same day as the booster. I felt pretty shitty for a day. Both arms hurt enough to make sleeping annoying.

Looks like the booster won't be made mandatory here for healthy adults under 70. For now anyway.

I'll take all the approved shit. 🤷‍♂️ Vaccines seem like such a strange thing to push back against.
not the vaccines itself as much as the coercion. Vaccines/mandates/masks/lockdowns/papers proving that you're an obedient member/reorganizing of society(not in a good way). When people see the vaccines in the context of all the other bs, they do become suspicious of the vaccine itself too. Seems reasonable to me. And I'm thankful, there are some people, at this point a very large amount, that are at least pushing back against something. At least make it difficult for these assholes to herd the people :handshake:

Last edited:

I agree. The cost seems to me to be nearly zero and the personal benefit might be low but it's greater than the near zero cost...add in some community benefit and it seems like a no brainer.

not the vaccines itself as much as the coercion. Vaccines/mandates/masks/lockdowns/papers proving that you're an obedient member/reorganizing of society(not in a good way). When people see the vaccines in the context of all the other bs, they do become suspicious of the vaccine itself too. Seems reasonable to me. And I'm thankful, there are some people, at this point a very large amount, that are at least pushing back against something. At least make it difficult for these assholes to herd the people :handshake:
I get that too, but some people are just using this as an excuse to let out all their misplaced anger/misery towards "the system".

We stopped at a hotel on the way back from visiting my family in QC last Sunday and in the morning we witnessed the poor staff get abused by three angry Karens over the span of 20 minutes, all because the hotel chain's policy prevents the unvaccinated from sitting in the lounge/cafeteria to have breakfast with the rest of us up-to-date vaxxed and documented people. Everyone was still allowed to grab food and bring it back to their room, but that was still an outrage to the Karens. "This is the most invasive thing ever!"

Fuck off! You made your choice, now grab your stale scrambled eggs and go trash your room you selfish POS. You're not even being denied service!

Sure. The people don't exactly have contact with the motherfuckers directly responsible, so the shleps on the front lines get the heat. Then they will quit, and our overlords will use that as an excuse for further abuse of the public. And that too is planned.
:thinking: at some point our oppressors will not even be people but some computer programs that nobody even directly controls :yikes:

at some point our oppressors will not even be people but some computer programs that nobody even directly controls :yikes:
That part is true and scary. One day not too far in the future, flesh and blood will be the inferior race.

I'm almost convinced.

Waiting for MrMonkey to chime in, before I go get jabbed.

I know about 8 people who were early to vaccinate but hadn't gotten their boosters yet who've gotten covid recently. None of them got so sick that it was scary, nothing close to a hospitalization, but 5 of them were pretty miserable and still don't feel 100% weeks later.

Seems to me, if you're pretty sure you haven't gotten covid yet, and it's been 6 months since your initial shots, it's a pretty good choice to maybe feel shitty for a day vs a pretty high likelihood of a nasty week(s) long bout down the road.

On the other hand, not really a life or death kinda choice if you don't feel like it.

:dunno: is this true? I wouldn't put it past these pricks to ensure a never ending "pandemic"

So how is the fake vax card market for those in the know?