Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,013 Comments
  • Views 174,107 Views
I’m had a nagging sinus infection and I just got finished with a virtual doctors visit with my primary (who is pro-vax)

At the end of the conversation I asked him if he would get his teenagers vaccinated and he tilted his head and said, “honestly it’s a tough call but I would wait”
That's really strange, to be pro-vax and anti-teen vax.

More and more children being hospitalized. Delta variant running rampant. Bums me out that a doctor is giving this advice.

And before you say "ohhhhh Dave thinks he knows better than a doctor"... no, but I think the vast majority of doctors and immunnologists in favor of vax know better than this doctor.

More and more children being hospitalized. Delta variant running rampant. Bums me out that a doctor is giving this advice
And before you say "ohhhhh Dave thinks he knows better than a doctor"... no,. but I think the vast majority of doctors and immunnologists in favor of vax know better than this doctor.
do they? Or are they afraid to say anything publicly for fear of being blacklisted, and ridiculed by the mob?

Also it shouldn't be surprising that if one believes the risk to teenagers from the virus is low compared to the overall population, that would tilt the risk benefit analysis towards a no on vaccine. That is, it's perfectly reasonable to be pro vaccine overall and still not in the case of teens

I may be wrong but I think Tron's doc is mostly concerned about the fact that the vaccine trials on kids/teens only started a few months ago.

More and more children being hospitalized. Delta variant running rampant. Bums me out that a doctor is giving this advice.

And before you say "ohhhhh Dave thinks he knows better than a doctor"... no, but I think the vast majority of doctors and immunnologists in favor of vax know better than this doctor.
I can’t stress enough how pro-vax my doctor is for his adult patients.

My sons go to a K-12 school.

Zero children have been hospitalized.

I’m very skeptical of “more and more children are being hospitalized”. I’ve also heard South Florida ER’s and ICU’s are being overrun with C-19 cases. I’m not skeptical about that; I know for a fact it’s not true.

If I'm not mistaken, testing on kids aged 12-15 on Pfizer and 12-17 on Moderna finished in March. Had excellent results. Two month follow-ups, no serious side effects across the board.

I totally understand hesitancy and wanting to be absolutely certain when it comes to kids. Especially when they are at such low risk for serious effects from COVID.

This is the problem with for-profit media. All of these newspapers and television shows make their money from selling ads. Ratings = Money. Blowing things out of proportion = more money, but then also leads to media distrust. So now we are stuck in this shitty limbo where the TRUTH is bad and serious, but since it's blown out of proportion (ie how many kids are seriously sick, ICU beds "overrun"), some people just assume "it's all fake" or whatever.

Anecdotally, which NONE of you should give a shit about because who cares what I (random guy on internet) say that his fiancee (random woman now even further removed from you) says... I just know there are a lot of kids coming into her clinic every day with COVID symptoms. The majority just have cold/flu-like symptoms and go on their way. But a handful come in weeks or months later still struggling with long-term side-effects. Are these super duper rare? I'm sure. But I personally think super duper rare trumps virtually non-existent, which is what we've seen from vaccine side effects.

But again, who knows? I'll judge some of ya'll for being anti-vax but won't judge the decisions you make for your kids, I know it's a totally different conversation with totally different stakes.

I can’t stress enough how pro-vax my doctor is for his adult patients.

My sons go to a K-12 school.

Zero children have been hospitalized.

I’m very skeptical of “more and more children are being hospitalized”. I’ve also heard South Florida ER’s and ICU’s are being overrun with C-19 cases. I’m not skeptical about that; I know for a fact it’s not true.
That's interesting man, that's fucking interesting
1628744467826.png

That's interesting man, that's fucking interesting
View attachment 5843
See, how is this right here not clear proof of just believing whatever you want to believe + confirmation bias?

Here is the actual Florida Hospital Association, showing how much worse hospitalizations are now than last year:

2x Pulitzer Prize winning South Florida Sun Sentinel on total cases worse now than last year:

You have an anti-science governor preaching no masks, anti-vax etc and these are the results. It is a very real concern and problem, overreported and sprinkled with scare tactics or not.

Yet you'll brush these and any other stats I post off because they don't go with your worldview, right? But Tron says something you agree with and he's a reliable source?

(Not saying you are not reliable, Tron, just making a point)

These are facts. This is happening. It's not some random guy on YouTube spouting off theories based on fuckall.

Texas has been an absolute mess. The amount of overcrowded events has been concerning (no masks). Counties are currently filing temporary restraining orders against the governor’s ban on mask mandates.

The trials for adolescents did not start just a few months back.

The landmark Pfizer-BioNTech Phase 3 clinical trial began in late July 2020, recruiting participants aged 12 and over. Close to three thousand participants were adolescents: 2,259 participants were between the ages of 12-15 and 754 participants were 16 and 17 years old. In March 2021, Pfizer and BioNTech dosed the first healthy children in a global Phase 1/2/3 continuous study to learn if the vaccine can produce an immune response against COVID-19, and if it is safe, in children aged 6 months to 11 years.

The results for this phase 3 trial were announced on March 31, 2021.

See, how is this right here not clear proof of just believing whatever you want to believe + confirmation bias?

Here is the actual Florida Hospital Association, showing how much worse hospitalizations are now than last year:

2x Pulitzer Prize winning South Florida Sun Sentinel on total cases worse now than last year:

You have an anti-science governor preaching no masks, anti-vax etc and these are the results. It is a very real concern and problem, overreported and sprinkled with scare tactics or not.

Yet you'll brush these and any other stats I post off because they don't go with your worldview, right? But Tron says something you agree with and he's a reliable source?

(Not saying you are not reliable, Tron, just making a point)
I say that's interesting man. If someone claims to know something for a fact that is opposite the info that we are relentlessly fed, Im curious what's going on. Why do you make the assumption that I'm "believing" anything? I'm weighing the information. I'm supposed to what, dismiss what Tron says out of hand?
BTW, this whole thing has been 90% scare tactics, coercion and hysteria, yet questioning any part of it is confirmation bias? :clueless:

And it's possible that cases can be up and even hospitalizations, without them being "overrun". The media wants to create panic mode as much as possible.

I say that's interesting man. If someone claims to know something for a fact that is opposite the info that we are relentlessly fed, Im curious what's going on. Why do you make the assumption that I'm "believing" anything? I'm weighing the information. I'm supposed to what, dismiss what Tron says out of hand?
BTW, this whole thing has been 90% scare tactics, coercion and hysteria, yet questioning any part of it is confirmation bias? :clueless:

And it's possible that cases can be up and even hospitalizations, without them being "overrun". The media wants to create panic mode as much as possible.
Fair enough, my apologies.

How is Ron Desantis anti-vax? Vaccinations are widely available in the three most populous counties. And free.

What's going on here, I thought covid was cured.

I just can't wait till everybody gets vaccinated and I can reduce my coronavirus worry. Then I can go back to peacefully worrying about heart disease, cancer, traffic accidents, imperialists and their terrorists, World War III, going broke, dying alone, being hassled by the fuzz, crime, imprisonment, and all the overall injustice in the world :hattip: