Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,013 Comments
  • Views 172,395 Views
I think boner is doing his silly thing.

He rides trains/subways daily.

Doubt he prefers to be crammed with extra filthy people covered in substantial feces.

Ontario says we're entering a NEW pandemic. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

thirdwave.png

Haven't been on a subway or train (or cut my hair) in a little over a year now. At this time I seriously think social distancing is 99% of the battle.

But yeah im mostly doing my silly thing.

Haven't been on a subway or train (or cut my hair) in a little over a year now. At this time I seriously think social distancing is 99% of the battle.

But yeah im mostly doing my silly thing.
Not sure on 99% haha but definitely agree, especially outdoors. These fuckers in masks practically on top of each other thinking the masks are completely infallible aren't too bright.

Where do you get the idea masks have been "proven" not to work? Apples to oranges FLA v CA, a bit closer of a comparison here:

I mean I agree that mandates should be lifted and definitely sick of companies pretending to care because they have to. But to Blitty's point, I don't see how improved hygiene is somehow a bad thing.

Security theater takes our freedoms away and does fuckall for actual safety. Better hygiene and practices like wearing masks that are commonplace in the medical field and in other cultures around the world... seems fine?

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you that they shouldn't be forced/required... but it's willfully ignoring science to say that don't do anything. Wasn't part of your patented "choose not to get it" plan to wear a mask and wash your hands?
That is very weak evidence of anything. I think it's safe to say, at this point, that the virus has spread through the population, at least in the US.
That alone is evidence that "spread mitigation" efforts have failed to accomplish much of anything, except torment the people, change the socioeconomic and geopolitical landscape.

That is very weak evidence of anything. I think it's safe to say, at this point, that the virus has spread through the population, at least in the US.
That alone is evidence that "spread mitigation" efforts have failed to accomplish much of anything, except torment the people, change the socioeconomic and geopolitical landscape.
So a single state allows counties to decide for themselves. Counties that have mask mandates perform considerably better than those that don't, despite very similar demographics across counties, same state residents, culture etc. And this is "very weak evidence"?

And then you fire back with the "proof" that it spread through the US, therefore it didn't work? That almost certainly has a lot more to do with human error than masks or social distancing not working. I mean look at all the countries that virtually completely eradicated the thing by enforcing much stricter guidelines.

The disease, and how it spreads, don't give a shit about our freedoms, economy, mental health, or whatever else. If you want to argue that lockdowns/mandates did more harm than good since it eventually spread through the population anyway, that's fine. Lots of factors to consider. But don't try to strengthen your case by willfully ignoring science and common sense.

So a single state allows counties to decide for themselves. Counties that have mask mandates perform considerably better than those that don't, despite very similar demographics across counties, same state residents, culture etc. And this is "very weak evidence"?

And then you fire back with the "proof" that it spread through the US, therefore it didn't work? That almost certainly has a lot more to do with human error than masks or social distancing not working. I mean look at all the countries that virtually completely eradicated the thing by enforcing much stricter guidelines.

The disease, and how it spreads, don't give a shit about our freedoms, economy, mental health, or whatever else. If you want to argue that lockdowns/mandates did more harm than good since it eventually spread through the population anyway, that's fine. Lots of factors to consider. But don't try to strengthen your case by willfully ignoring science and common sense.
that is what I'm saying, what's so hard to understand?

your common sense is nothing more than dopey groupthink assumptions.
Not saying that a mask can't be helpful in certain situation, but the effectiveness of generalized mandates should be viewed in the context of the total picture.
Besides, some guy claiming that certain counties without mandates had their cases not drop, is the furthest thing from "scientific". I didn't see any actual numbers presented. All I can see is that this was announced July 3rd. Did those counties avoid the Autumn spike that happened in the rest of the world (including all other places with the mask mandates)? Also other factors need to be considered, such as differences which may have led said counties to enact mandates etc...

Last edited:
I mean I don't really know what to say man. I already said that the effectiveness and negative side effects of mandates and lockdowns is a worthwhile debate. All I said is that masks help.

If you really think that masks don't decrease the spread of infection from COVID and other airborne illnesses by catching a lot of the saliva and germs that would have otherwise escaped, rock on I guess. Maybe people in the medical field just wear them to look cool.

Non n-95 grade masks do little or nothing. The actual medical studies have had either non statistically significant results or dont divorce the mask wearing from other efforts (namely distancing).

@Vegas Dave you say they stop spread of "Covid... by catching a lot of saliva and germs..."

Saliva is a non issue for Covid. There's no such thing as surface to surface spread. If you don't agree with that (I think you've acknowledged this FACT) it's over, you are decidedly not a man of science. This isn't an opinion.

Germs. I assume you mean the virus? Cloth does nothing to stop viruses. You see, there are things that make us sick that happen to be VERY small. You can't see them. And that bandana that someone is wearing, even though it looks solid to you and me the spaces between the fibers are so big that an almost infinite (no exaggeration) number of viruses can pass right through that! Amazing! Science! The difference in viral load behind a non 95 mask and outside is identical within seconds of donning it.

Not even going to bother with your suggestion that medical professionals wearing masks as proof they work. It's as preposterous as suggesting that driving a luxury vehicle, or being a white male (both things medical professionals do disproportionately well compared to society at large) slows the spread.

I always wear a mask because I'm told to (both the govt and my wife) and it makes people around me feel safe since we're all conforming and we all tacitly agree to hate and demonize the non mask wearers around us. But I don't wear it because it works.. because it doesn't.

No one is talking about hospitalizations anymore. It used to be "we can't get to the point where they're overwhelmed - that's the big deal." But despite that clearly being a non issue since we never hear that anymore for some reason all the restrictions are still in place?

Another thing I can't seem to find is what proportion of individuals 50+ are vaccinated, by state, nationwide, county anything. That's the stat that matters, right? Since under that age it's basically harmless.

Governments (whether it be state/county whatever) mandating masks but not mandating N-95’s be worn is the most tilting thing I’ve ever personally experienced.

They want you to get the vaccine even if you already had the virus, and after that you still need to wear a mask :wha: