Coronavirus

• Start date
  • Replies 3,013 Comments
  • Views 168,461 Views
Yes they can't seem to figure it out. It's like the doctors, scientists, and health officials haven't learned a single thing from all the past worldwide pandemics they have lead us through. You would think that with all their experience and experiences they would be able to figure it out by now.

I no longer trust or believe these so called "experts". Those university degrees in science and medicine are meaningless in times like these. From now on I want to hear what the average non medically trained Joe or Karen has to say about all this nonsense.

I think I'm gonna scour facebook for some good ACCURATE information.
You’re preaching to the choir about Facebook, pal.

They’re moving the goalposts, though. Would you like to actually address that in your next response or are you gonna just keep thinging?

My 83 yr old father got his first shot on March 21st. Next day he came down with mild chills/fever, headache and feeling awful. Lasted 3 days then he was better. Side effect of the shot. His next shot is July 11th.

Why so far apart? I thought it was 3-4 weeks between doses

You’re preaching to the choir about Facebook, pal.

They’re moving the goalposts, though. Would you like to actually address that in your next response or are you gonna just keep thinging?
Well since you asked Ill explain myself sans sarcasm.

This is a first for most if not all of the medical professionals and scientists that have the task of guiding the masses through the pandemic.
What was accurate yesterday may not be so today. I wouldn't blame them or mock them the way politicians do when things change and what was said previously is no longer accurate. If the politicians have nothing positive to offer then they need to shut the fuck up.

There is no perfect solution and while I'm not talking about you specifically (Tron, because I think you're a cool cat and solid dude) I'm tired of all the complaining and backseat drivers. I'm annoyed by the fact Republicans are in attack mode instead of joining forces to help.

I'm sure police officers enjoy being told how to do their jobs properly by garbage truck drivers that know better than they do.

I don't understand why Boner hasn't asked me for my legal opinions or Blitty hasn't asked me how to be pretty.

The 1st part of your bullshit sounded about right :up
Yes, I'm a square that goes to a doctor for medical advice and a mechanic to get my vehicles repaired when there really is no need because most people with an internet connection have all the answers.

Sooner or later yous guys gonna come to understand what I was saying a year ago. Inevitable

Sooner or later yous guys gonna come to understand what I was saying a year ago. Inevitable
Please give us the TLDR version sir. I'm asking in a serious and respectful way.

I'm sure police officers enjoy being told how to do their jobs properly by garbage truck drivers that know better than they do.
Ok. You made a very good point.

Ok. You made a very good point.
This is another thing I like about you pal. You're reasonable.

EDIT: almost forgot:
no homo.

Edit X2 and for the record even though I've had my run ins with cops years ago I understand completely they were doing their jobs. I'm very much PRO cop these days. The cops are the good guys, despite the few fuckups that make it tough for the majority.

Yes, I'm a square that goes to a doctor for medical advice and a mechanic to get my vehicles repaired when there really is no need because most people with an internet connection have all the answers.
actually I've gotten plenty of valuable auto advice from youtube, whereas service at most autoshops is shit. You don't even realize how accurate your "sarcasm" is.
But you know, waiting on standby for surgery :thinking: that's strong

actually I've gotten plenty of valuable auto advice from youtube, whereas service at most autoshops is shit. You don't even realize how accurate your "sarcasm" is.
But you know, waiting on standby for surgery :thinking: that's strong
Yes youtube is great for some things. I've learned how to fix laptops I've never seen before from the tutorials.

Having said that, I'd still prefer a doctor operating on me over a youtuber. Then again my surgeries cost me nothing out of pocket and I understand you have to pay with real US dollars so you are looking to save a buck.

Standby? You're referring to my cancelled surgery from last week and using that as a way to take a shot? Common pal, I was advised when my procedure was scheduled that it could be cancelled if there was an emergency or more serious operation needed to be performed. My surgery is elective and at the low end triage wise. Covid has made things difficult all around.

I got called to reschedule but asked my DR to wait until sept so I have a chancve to drop 50 more lbs and get my covid shots etc.

They keep moving the goalposts on this C-19 stuff.

Remember when they said just hang in there and wear the masks and social distance until we roll the vaccine out?
impending doom brother Tron

Perhaps I'm less annoyed/skeptical because I rarely watch the news, especially US national network news and don't hear the nonsense being spewed from multiple sources daily. Also the inconvenience of the pandemic for me is minor. Isolate? Avoid large groups? I was doing that before covid. Solitary was/is my life.

I still wouldn't describe myself as an unstable lunatic because I believe we are in a pandemic and its quite serious and I my beliefs are because of what I've learned from legit experts, ie scientists.

@plommer this is the kind of whacko shit I’m talking about........

2E8AE775-CD00-49A8-BA3A-6124A0E7C544.jpeg

I hear ya Tron. I got sick of this kind of news a while ago and so I really don't see much of it nowadays because its a priority of mine to NOT watch news or even consider clicking on something that is very likely to be clickbait.

I think one of the many reasons for these types of stories is because there is so much competition between the media companies and news organizations. Each one trying to out do or scoop or anything to get views.