Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,803 Comments
  • Views 91,468 Views
7C5F9D98-A5A9-432E-889A-364FD3D01C70.png

So 40mm. Alright, that is pretty wide.

Get a gravel bike with 32mm Panaracer Gravel King slicks👌 Best of both worlds (road and gravel). You can run them at lower pressures for bumpy rides or higher pressures to go all out on pavement.

Mine is also 26 pounds, but considering the fact that I'm still a good 15 pounds overweight, the extra metal is not all that significant. Would be a bigger deal if I was riding up mountain passes, but there are no such things here.

Matty, I know, pal. I wanted something Urban but twice a month I get dusted by some dude on a 15 pound bike with slicks and it gets under my skin.

I just have to deal with it (the horror) cause I’m not buying a new bike.

I would look for the narrowest and fastest tires you can put on your rims. Tires are a HUGH factor. I went from Kenda Kwest (heavy commuter tire) to the Panaracers (super fast & light, almost-slick gravel tire) and it was night and day. Felt like a completely different bike.

Ramping up the lap swims and steam room sessions

Just rode my bike through the Cobble Beach golf course. I think I ended up in private areas I wasn't supposed to have access to. I was politely ignored by the upper crust of society, including the security guards in golf carts.

20210728_101554.jpg

20210728_101552.jpg

20210728_100826.jpg

20210728_102031.jpg

Yeah, commercial chopper. They offer quick tours of the area. Initially thought it was a VIP's private bird.

There are beautiful houses all along the course. The detached houses are pricey but the villas/condos seem reasonable, in the $500s for a large-ish 2br/2ba.

Heard a ball land very close to me as I was zipping along. That would be a bit unnerving if I lived there.

There are beautiful houses all along the course. The detached houses are pricey but the villas/condos seem reasonable, in the $500s for a large-ish 2br/2ba.
500,000.00 Canadian Dollars =

398,828.45 US Dollars

(for the dumbericans, pal)