• Replies 2,826 Comments
  • Views 94,953 Views
Thx Tella! :wally:

Just came back from a 12mi/20km recovery ride. Zone 2 training FTW

Screenshot_20210727-201123_Strava.jpg

Screenshot_20210727-201137_Strava.jpg

Matty=Local Legend

Still moving from OS to TO in month?

Yah. Going to visit a few more condos this Friday. We're very likely to end up in Mimico (Etobicoke), still by the lake but a bit west of where we used to be. Nice area with more nature and shit.

I’m jealous of your cycling.

I would like to go daily but procrastinate if I dont have a companion

I almost feel obligated to do it otherwise I can't respect my calorie budget. I find it easier to eat 3000 calories and burn 1200 by biking than eating 1800 calories without doing any exercise.

Last edited:
I can’t bike with other people. I wanna go my pace, they wanna go their pace no bueno, carnal!

I'd only want to bike with people a bit faster than me.

Family rides are something else obviously, but even then I get a little antsy. I wanna get JL and wifey proper road bikes, their rigid MTBs are slow as fuck.

Yah. Going to visit a few more condos this Friday. We're very likely to end up in Mimico (Etobicoke), still by the lake but a bit west of where we used to be. Nice area with more nature and shit.
Etobicoke my hood for life pal.

It doesn’t happen often but I had another “I need a carbon fiber bike that weighs 16 pounds instead of the 24 ponds I’m dragging around” moment today.

I’m cruising along at 14 mph and a guy my age on a carbon frame passed me like I had slammed my fucking brakes.

Hate to say it Tron, but it's not the bike. A better bike is negligibly faster over short to medium distances.

Hate to say it Tron, but it's not the bike. A better bike is negligibly faster over short to medium distances.
I disagree.

It’s more than the weight of the bike (although 10 pounds is substantial). It’s the width of the tires on my Bad Boy compared to racing tires. More rubber meeting the road = slower pace.

8 pound weight savings will be noticeable on climbs, but on the flat, it's all about your power and fitness.