Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,826 Comments
  • Views 95,133 Views
You can get a carbon fork on Amazon for less than $100.

I got a carbon seatpost and seat off Amazon for peanuts (CA$30 each), they shaved almost a pound off the bike.

I'm sure it's not the same grade as what you get from top brands, but it's light and seems super strong. 🤷‍♂️
Welp, I need to pay attention then.

I just assumed that a fork for example would be very expensive because my carbon fiber bottle cages were $60 each (but I do support my local bike shop and don’t buy stuff from Lex Luther online).

I would've loved to get a brand new gravel bike from my local bike shop - the guys there have been super helpful providing me with tips and replacement parts - but the step up from my $50 Lambo was a Marin Gestalt (aluminum, 24lbs and change) which would've run me $1159+13% tax. I'm still under $500 total after all the upgrades and I'll be within a few ounces of the Marin's weight when I install the new fork.

I'm poor. :handshake:

I’m dealing with this type of old guy nonsense, too

My bicipital tendon that runs up to my left shoulder occasionally pops out of the groove.

Orthopedic doc said the only way to repair it is pin it down via surgery

Ooof

That usually comes along as part of a partial rotator cuff (typically supraspinatus) tear. Also could be some issues with your labrum, that could lead to a SLAP tear down the road.

whether you get surgery or not, I'd take some time to do research on rotator cuff strengthening exercises (sissy shit with the little stretching therabands and or tubing and tinsy tiny dumbells). Also try to work on learning how to shoulder pack and retract/depress your scapula during exercise and everyday movements

That usually comes along as part of a partial rotator cuff (typically supraspinatus) tear. Also could be some issues with your labrum, that could lead to a SLAP tear down the road.

whether you get surgery or not, I'd take some time to do research on rotator cuff strengthening exercises (sissy shit with the little stretching therabands and or tubing and tinsy tiny dumbells). Also try to work on learning how to shoulder pack and retract/depress your scapula during exercise and everyday movements
Thanks, pal. I appreciate it.
Yeah, my MRI shows a partial rotator cuff tear as well.

I suck at using the bands to strengthen. Just pure laziness (and it’s so boring).

I’m definitely not rushing into surgery (after my experience with post surgery blood clots) but I’m getting so annoyed at not being able to do shoulder workouts and the 4-5 times a week when the tendon pops out if the groove and the pain goes from 0 to 8 on the 10 scale. Ugh.

Get it McB

I fokkin killed on a ~4 mile segment today. 42nd out of 301 overall and I'm 5 mins faster than I was just over a month ago

:cripwalk:
Screenshot_20210624_135604_com.strava.jpg

Ima try a run tomorrow. I have never gone on a run. Joe Rain has been doing nothing but running so it'll be interesting to see how I compare.

Ima try a run tomorrow. I have never gone on a run. Joe Rain has been doing nothing but running so it'll be interesting to see how I compare.
Make sure you don’t run in a pair of sneakers that you bought 3 years ago. Your knees (and body) will be killing you.

I have fresh, unused running Nikes for the purpose. 👍

My little bike bell is not enough. I'm getting an air horn 📣

Very funny video

very true

he has WAY too high expectations of non-cyclists staying off the bike lane

My mind was blown my last trip to NYC at the end of 2019 at how chaotic the bike lanes are (they had 18 bike fatalities that year if I recall correctly)

someone is going to SHOOT and KILL the guy that made that video

I'm 90% kidding about the air horn. I realize I need to ride fast where there are no people. Plenty of mostly empty side roads around here.

I feel like the guy from the above would have had an anneurysm or murdered someone if he had this scenario

He cruises right through a red light @ 12 seconds. Deserves to be knocked flat for that. Also illegally salmoning north at 1:00 in the south bound Broadway lane. Fuck him.

I feel like the guy from the above would have had an anneurysm or murdered someone if he had this scenario

The Brooklyn Bridge bike lane is clearly marked yield to peds throughout so they should do so without complaining. Manhattan Bridge has dedicated lanes where peds are not allowed, real cyclists use the Manhattan Bridge. Fake tough guy riders take the Brooklyn Bridge (and will be the cause of it just being closed to cyclists in the near future).