Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,835 Comments
  • Views 96,700 Views
The Brooklyn Bridge bike lane is clearly marked yield to peds throughout so they should do so without complaining. Manhattan Bridge has dedicated lanes where peds are not allowed, real cyclists use the Manhattan Bridge. Fake tough guy riders take the Brooklyn Bridge (and will be the cause of it just being closed to cyclists in the near future).
Edit: I quoted the wrong post.

The guy singing “you’re in the bike lane” to the Star Wars theme is very funny!

Yeah I can't hack that shit. Walking up a 25% grade for 30 mins no prob. Breaking into a full jog/run - awful.

It's so uncomfortable and generally unpleasant. I ended up power-walking most of the 4 miles.

‘If you run long enough you’ll get a ‘runners high’ and feel like you can run for ever.’

Super douchey pawn pricks say this, but it’s kind of true.

Still hate running.

Seriously though, I could only run in short 30 second bursts. I thought my cycling efforts would have improved my cardio and general fitness in a way that would let me run non-stop for at least 10-15 mins. It doesn't work like that, apparently.

I can cycle hard and fast for quite a long time now, but I guess I am still carrying quite a bit of extra weight (which is not that big a handicap when riding a bike on flat terrain.) Joe Rain said he was the same when he started running at 204lbs - he would run 30 seconds, walk 1:30 and repeat.

I just find it no fun at all compared to cycling.

Pro cycling average speeds and distances are blowing my mind.

FB_IMG_1624802531253.jpg

Pro cycling average speeds and distances are blowing my mind.
The distances, to me, are the most mind blowing. Granted, I’m 20 years older than those guys but after 25 miles in the saddle, I’m just TOAST.

What a start to the TDFrance! Lady should be shot. Wait it's France .....guillotine her.

That was some strong cardboard.

(jk, I know the rider and fan actually made contact)

That was some strong cardboard.

(jk, I know the rider and fan actually made contact)
Thought the same thing. Everyone wants their 15 minutes. Ahole!

Just tried to beat my PB at my new favorite sprint/climb, missed it by 6 seconds. Strong wind turned in my face right towards the end. I GOT PROOF. Gimme a few mins.

Last edited: