Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,835 Comments
  • Views 96,622 Views
I'm going for another attempt at that slight uphill sprint shortly #common

Fail. Big headwind and I had to wear a loose jacket (chilly evening). 6 seconds slower. I woulda beat my PB otherwise, felt super strong 💪 #thisisbullshit

wind is NOOOO joke

a good 12-15 MPH wind can change my 17 min commute downtown to 23-25 mins, and it's flat as hell except going over all the trains

Biking into a HUGH head wind is brutal. That’s why I always ride into the wind on the way out.

There's a massive downhill bit on the way home (I live at the bottom of a valley) and I normally hit 65km/h there. The headwind slowed me down to 55 this evening.

Gonna need to find me some hills in Toronto. Climbing is a crazy good workout.

shoulda measured those pasty thighs and calves before getting deeper into the biking

I'm sure you're gaining some muscle now as well

I'm growing some serious quads. Have always had muscular calves for some reason.

I’ve noticed over the years……there are a lot of dudes walking around who don’t exercise a lick but have massive calves

Gonna need to find me some hills in Toronto. Climbing is a crazy good workout.
Just get a stationary bike or fly wheel. Same thing or better and saves time per calorie burned. Problem solved.

Just get a stationary bike or fly wheel. Same thing or better and saves time per calorie burned. Problem solved.
I'm getting a Zwift setup for the winter, but I hate indoor cycling. Would much rather have moving scenery around me.

Thunder thigh pics for Arch :mattyrain:
IMG_20210622_083614.jpg

IMG_20210622_083650.jpg

IMG_20210622_083814.jpg

I have "clipless" SPD shoes (and hybrid pedals with one flat side and one clipless), I just don't really care to wear them most of the time.

I went for like a 25mile ride to downtown yesterday. My butt was not happy. Just bought a new seat, and apparently it's no good

Also Boner:

Why go to a baseball game, when you can just check the score updates on your phone?

Save money, don’t have guys scoping your jimdog at the urinal, and avoid stickiness on your shoes!