Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,803 Comments
  • Views 91,438 Views
Thanks IAG. I'm actually thinking about dropping keto and going back on Noom. Eating keto all the time is a bit of a pain, and I think I have a potassium deficiency right now. Nothing bad but I need to look into it.

I can manage to do strict keto right now because we're still in lockdown up here, but once we're all vaccinated I don't think I'll be able to. You can't really cheat on keto, it defeats the purpose. Noom is a lot more forgiving and sustainable.
Agree. When it’s just me Keto is easy, but when family or friends want Chinese or Mexican, whatcha gonna do?
”Just give me the chicken without the Kung Pao” ”Nachos ..hold the chips and everything but the beef and cheese...oh maybe some guacamole and sour cream,”

Exactly.

My one hesitation is that I'm entering the zone where my body is allegedly "fat-adapted", and I don't feel hunger much at all.

One thing I want to try before dropping out is to drastically reduce my fat intake. I think strict keto is actually limiting my fat burning (my weight loss rate has dropped quite a bit over the last month).

So I'll try more lean protein and no more MCT oil, no bacon on Sunday, no mayo and no pork rinds. Let's see what happens. :guitar:

v. proud of you matty.

keto is really hard to sustain. i am mixing it up between keto and a mediterranean diet. intermittent fasting. working out 5 days per week.

have not weighed myself and won't until 6/1.

gl.
I expect you to be superman by now Kato, with that kind of Regiment. Let's see picture

Exactly.

My one hesitation is that I'm entering the zone where my body is allegedly "fat-adapted", and I don't feel hunger much at all.

One thing I want to try before dropping out is to drastically reduce my fat intake. I think strict keto is actually limiting my fat burning (my weight loss rate has dropped quite a bit over the last month).

So I'll try more lean protein and no more MCT oil, no bacon on Sunday, no mayo and no pork rinds. Let's see what happens. :guitar:
No fat or carb? Where calories?

Kung pao chkn seems to be keto-ish

General Tso not so much.

I said drastically, not completely. Jesus.

So *takes deep breath*, on the keto diet you start by calculating your "macros" which tells you how many grams each of carbs, protein and fat you should aim for. These are my current macros (circled):
Screenshot_20210507_174546.jpg

I thought the goal was to eat more or less exactly these numbers, but the growing consensus is that the protein number is a minimum and the fat number is a limit not to exceed.

The idea that keto is about stuffing your face with bacon is a myth. Fat just happens to be high in calories so you end up getting most of your energy from it, but you're also eating almost the same amount of protein (by weight.)

Y'all have to be explained every little thing.

So my new strategy looks a bit like this (the bold numbers are what I've consumed so far today):
Screenshot_20210507_193508_com.wombatapps.carbmanager.jpg

matty you should see that uppercut Canelo landed that broke the other dude's face

Tried to tune in last night but the fight was already over. Will check it out. :boxing:

Stuck again around the 210 mark. Love handles are visibly melting tho. 🤷‍♂️ Getting close to my last belt hole.

Sub-200 by end of month is not looking good.

ffae063.gif

Got waffled yesterday after Sunday brunch turned into a booze crawl.

Pounded some crusty bread at a tapas joint for dinner.

Still at 198.

This new machine is helping expel waste.

image.jpg

I expect you to be superman by now Kato, with that kind of Regiment. Let's see picture
soon brother - trust all is well