Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,860 Comments
  • Views 101,025 Views
I have my maternal grandpa's hair genes. Still had a full head of hair when he died at 70.

Daddy Rain has a growing bald spot in the back but he's doing well for 68.

:174:

Totally bonked about 60% through my ride. Stopped pedaling and coasted for about a minute. It’s the sinus infection or the meds I just started I would imagine.

I thought for a few minutes I was going to have to pull off the road and call an Uber but luckily I snapped out of it. Sheeesh.

338DCA8B-7458-4FDB-9CBF-81D28023A338.png

I totally bonked about 40 mins into my 20mi ride yesterday. I'm still trying to create a daily calorie deficit so I must've neglected to eat ebough carbs. Oops.

It's a very strange feeling, the bonk. Your brain is saying LESGOOOOO and your body is telling you to fuck off.

I totally bonked about 40 mins into my 20mi ride yesterday. I'm still trying to create a daily calorie deficit so I must've neglected to eat ebough carbs. Oops.

It's a very strange feeling, the bonk. Your brain is saying LESGOOOOO and your body is telling you to fuck off.

What is bonk?

so, aren't you supposed to start burning fat? Isn't that the whole theory?

:thinking: I might be outbonking myself with all the hockey

so, aren't you supposed to start burning fat? Isn't that the whole theory?
Yah. Your body goes into "limp mode" and keeps you in the fat-burning zone. But fat-burning also needs some carbs, so your performance suffers when you're out of them.

I totally understand the "bonk" theory.

When I'm bonking, I eventually become depleted as well.

The protein I lose could feed a small village.

Matty, when you are on the cover of GQ, I'll tell people I know you.

Fuck yeah blittser! :dude: Just did a casual 25mi as the final preparation for tomorrow's century.

I totally understand the "bonk" theory.

When I'm bonking, I eventually become depleted as well.

The protein I lose could feed a small village.

Matty, when you are on the cover of GQ, I'll tell people I know you.
FFS.