Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,803 Comments
  • Views 91,500 Views
some-poos-come-out.jpg

SelfreliantSecondAnt-size_restricted.gif

Holy shit boys, we did it

No wiggle, no sweaty bicycle ride, no fasting. I am eating 2000 calories a day and I am legit one hundred pound something.

This cycling thing is a bit bittersweet for me. I first blew up in weight at age 19 and declared myself unfit for sports and more of an intellectual anyway. That was obviously a bullshit defense mechanism. I wish I'd taken exercise more seriously at a young age instead of dismissing it entirely. I could've excelled at something other than ping pong.

Anyway, there's still work to do, but this is a big milestone.

Much thanks to the Big Boys Club and to Joe Rain for the daily motivation, and kudos to Carb Manager, MyFitnessPal and Noom for all that tracking minutia.

ONE NINES BABAY

:174:

I am eating mct oil mayonnaise.
1tb has 50% of daily saturated fat :ohmy: and it's supposed to be good for your heart
: :hog: who to believe?

....don't let me down Matty

Unless you're following strict keto AND being active, skip the MCT oil.

It's good once you're "fat-adapted" on a keto diet. I take 1tbsp of MCT oil before a bike ride, it's pure energy *when you're on strict keto*. If you ingest it along with a regular high-carb diet, it's just gonna get stored as fat.

Congrats dude. Don't regret a thing, live in the now. You'd prolly sucked at it if you did cycling way back when anyhow.

well done matty!

kato is glad to be a witness.

Unless you're following strict keto AND being active, skip the MCT oil.

It's good once you're "fat-adapted" on a keto diet. I take 1tbsp of MCT oil before a bike ride, it's pure energy *when you're on strict keto*. If you ingest it along with a regular high-carb diet, it's just gonna get stored as fat.
I was using it as mayonnaise in my extra special tuna salad. Regular mayo is, I never knew, made from soybean oil, which they say is bad. Tastes decent :dunno:

Regular mayo is, I never knew, made from soybean oil, which they say is bad. Tastes decent :dunno:
I fell for this nonsense too at first. This is where these health and wellness people cross the line. The vast majority of what you find at your average supermarket is fine to consume and it won't prevent you from losing weight. Calories in, calories out.

Fuck a bunch of $15 avocado-oil-based mayo. Tastes like poo anyway.

Thanks brah. I'm still going though. The big goal is <175lbs, and secondarily, ~12% body fat.

I wanna climb hills like faster than motherfuckin' Rod Bottrell. 🚴

Can you even set it up for your weight? Shoulda bought a hardtail.

Can you even set it up for your weight? Shoulda bought a hardtail.
Set it up? I'm out of my league on this stuff amigo.

I might have bought a hard tail if I knew what the fuck it was. I tried riding a cheap mountain bike and I was ok on it so I found this newer one and took it for a test drive and it seems ok, my ass hurts like I'd been sodomized by a well hung homosexual.
I'll probably get a bigger seat.

Marty (or TRON) do you forsee me having issues with this bike? If so what?