Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • •
  • Replies 2,835 Comments
  • • Views 96,568 Views
Very cool machine. 👌 I want something similar but probably more along the lines of a gravel bike with drop bars.

this is my bike

it’s a Bad Boy, literally

View attachment 4919
Just curious- a 1K bike to me sounds like it would be an insane splurge.

For you to decide - No I need the 2K bike!

What criteria is involved?

Is it that much better?

Looks badass and I’d love to be in the situation where I get the value and benefit out of it.

So I've been climbing 🚴 the same gravel hill for about two weeks now. I went from 4:12 to 2:51 in that span. I'm still slow as fuck compared to the average Strava user, but I assume that most of these guys are way lighter than me, and they haven't been sedentary for 42 years.
Screenshot_20210517_134314_com.strava.jpg

Is it that much better?

Looks badass and I’d love to be in the situation where I get the value and benefit out of it.
1k is still entry level. If money was no object I'd get a Cervélo Aspero ($3-4k). Rolling resistance is way lower on a good bike thanks to the stiffer frame and more precise everything.

I still love my $50 Lambo but it's robbing me of quite a bit of power.

Those ultra-light Tour de France bikes are one thing.

Was curious about Trons urban assault bike.

Is it that much better?

A $1K bike is not an insane splurge. You’re not a bike rider (I get it, it’s not for everyone) so it seems like an insane splurge.

One hour on a $500 bike and then another hour on a $2K bike and you will feel -and see- the huge gap in performance and enjoyment.

There’s a lot of techno mumbo jumbo in here but at the end of the day, components matter

95F76218-8E1E-4C8D-9FB2-FDDF76E3EE8A.png

Those ultra-light Tour de France bikes are one thing.

Was curious about Trons urban assault bike.
My Cervélo is a gravel bike, meant to be an all-purpose bike, not a racer.

Tron's bike is a perfectly reasonable purchase. Once you get into $2k territory the ride quality and mechanicals are superb. Seamless shifts and shit.

My buddy's GF has a custom Cannondale with electronic shifters, she paid over $10k Canadian for it. She just rides for fun.

Very cool. 200 miles over 4 days is doable for most peeps. Gravel riding is a blast. 🤘

I looked at past winners, it's a single day (and night) for the 200. The whole event is 4 days... actually BIL must be doing the 350 cause he asked me for a sleeping bag.

Yikes.

Oh shit. Yeah no, this is fucking crazy. :redx:

fuck yes we can