Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,826 Comments
  • Views 95,428 Views
death bed cardio
Day 9 of 180

Didn’t go to the gym Sunday-Tuesday. Stepfather is on his death bed and he has days left.

Impossible to get away for even two hours.

Did continue to eat clean. I did drink beer last night w some family members that came to say goodbye.

Hit the gym hard this morning. Honestly felt good even after a 3 day absence.

day 11 training
Day 11 of 180
Strong calorie burn day. Quite a bit of core today. Soreness is daily but nothing a couple of Advil hasn’t fixed.

Keeping my alcohol intake to a minimum. In these 11 days, I’ve drank 3 Guinness, 3 Stella, 2 Shiner Bock, 3 shots of scotch and 2 glasses of wine.

Is it all strength training? 1100 calories at 114bpm avg seems impossible but I'm a cardio guy.

Is it all strength training? 1100 calories at 114bpm avg seems impossible but I'm a cardio guy.
No. 33 minutes of cardio. The rest strength training and whatnot. My hour w her does contain cardiovascular exercises as well

I burn roughly 400 calories in my 33 minutes of bike time.

No. 33 minutes of cardio. The rest strength training and whatnot. My hour w her does contain cardiovascular exercises as well

I burn roughly 400 calories in my 33 minutes of bike time.
Yeah 400 cal in 33 mins of biking makes sense.

Very close, yeah. You almost never coast when doing stationary/indoor cycling which usually makes up for not having to balance the bike or face the wind.

Very close, yeah. You almost never coast when doing stationary/indoor cycling which usually makes up for not having to balance the bike or face the wind.
Yeah, if you are also adjusting the resistance, that truly kicks it up a notch or two

Solid work Caspy. What did you weigh at your leanest, a few years back?

I'm 198 as of this morning, but quite a bit more muscular than I was just 3 months ago thanks to rowing (and creatine).

I have a running test tomorrow, supposed to do 3kms at my theoretical 3km pace, which I've never had to hold for more than a couple mins so far. I'm scurred.

We’ve been doing a healing teaspoon of Creatine with our protein shakes for the last year or so too, Matty

GAINS

Tablespoon of high grade EVOO after most meals as well. It’s improved blood pressure and blood sugar substantially.

Also added 1 cup of pure beet juice once a day. Even though I dislike the taste

Can I causally take creatine, if I do some light exercise a few days a week or I need to be working out everyday as well?

Don’t want to get fatter… even though I have consistently been hovering around 200 for half a dozen years.

Can I causally take creatine, if I do some light exercise a few days a week or I need to be working out everyday as well?

Don’t want to get fatter… even though I have consistently been hovering around 200 for half a dozen years.
You totally can. You will gain a few pounds of "water" but it's water that's within the muscle so it makes you look more muscular, not fatter. I take 5g daily.

You don't need to work out every day. It does its thing regardless.

Creatine Rogatien. It's a bunch of amino acids used by your muscles for energy. It's naturally found in foods like red meat. Supplementing it makes your muscles plumper/fuller and like, more muscley and shit.

I'm 198 as of this morning, but quite a bit more muscular than I was just 3 months ago thanks to rowing (and creatine).

I have a running test tomorrow, supposed to do 3kms at my theoretical 3km pace, which I've never had to hold for more than a couple mins so far. I'm scurred.
My leanest was 194 when I was hanging out w that young girl Erica

I figure I’ll be back to that in August
194 lbs casper
i

You’ll do fine pal. You’ve been killing it solid for quite some time now

You totally can. You will gain a few pounds of "water" but it's water that's within the muscle so it makes you look more muscular, not fatter. I take 5g daily.

You don't need to work out every day. It does its thing regardless.
The key is to drink fluids because you will cramp up on it in my experience