Big Boys Club

• Start date
  • Replies 2,807 Comments
  • Views 91,652 Views
30km/h average on my fixie yesterday. NBD. This fokkin thing flies. ✈️
Screenshot_20220520-075747_Strava.jpg

JL's got his own road bike now 🥳 Just picked it up, will go for a test ride tomorrow, hopefully he doesn't completely hate it.

Aluminum frame and fork, 650c Alexrims wheels, Shimano Sora 2x8 drivetrain and shifters, no name crankset. 200 bucks 🥳 Weighs 18-19 pounds which is so much lighter than his previous bikes.

20220522_184004.jpg

I'm trying to force myself to slow down to stay in fat-burning "zone 2" during my bike workouts, but it's hard when guys overtake you and think they're hot shit.

6:02 to 6:40 - unacceptable situation
7:04 - excursion in zone 3
7:20 - that's right, bitch
7:26 - btw your seat's way too low, homo

"Jeans and a belt! That's pretty damn good, brother!" (1:14) 😄🥳

Yes. I don't wear my cycling kit when it's chilly in the morning.

How long would that take you, Matty?

I wanna know whether the scrambles were predetermined or random. They had to be predetermined otherwise it would've taken him a lot longer. He's only solving with his left hand.

Fuck that guy.

Sounds like they're legit random scrambles. The previous record holder averages 24 seconds for one hand solves not juggling, so the times make reasonable sense. Doesn't really seem like anyone would consider this a record of any note if they were predetermined.

Fuck that guy.

That seems almost impossible. One-handed solves are an order of magnitude easier than what he's doing. The cubes have to land in his hand the exact right way for him to make a move, and you can see he skips several "turns" as he tries to pull off his next move. An average cube solve requires 50 to 60 moves, so figure 150 total for the 3 cubes. He's not doing close to a move per second. And then there's the fact that he has to track three cubes/solves.

Predetermined scrambles. It's still quite a fucking thing to solve all three without dropping a single one.