Anything that you eat today....journal it here!

• Start date
  • Replies 3,615 Comments
  • Views 140,440 Views
plommer, extra virgin olive oil (while high in calories) is not “empty calories”. There are tremendous health benefits to it. Empty calories are things like soda.

I buy certified extra virgin olive oil. There is a mob racket within the extra virgin olive oil “community”.

tronnay! I've been following this guy for a couple years now. He is a Dr that promotes plant based eating as a way to excellent health. What he preaches makes complete sense to me.

He is anti oil. He states his reasons why. So when researching oils in a healthy diet I hear different things. One camp says olive oil is healthy, and the other claims all oils are unhealthy.

Just eat veggies and lean protein and exercise and ignore the fads/marketing nonsense.

Ima be over there having a Whopper.

Just eat veggies and lean protein and exercise and ignore the fads/marketing nonsense.

Ima be over there having a Whopper.

Don’t forget your complex carbs. Eat them sweet potatoes!!

I had souffléd carrots w/ marshmallow the other day; look and taste almost exactly like sweet potatoes.

But way better.

I had souffléd carrots w/ marshmallow the other day; look and taste almost exactly like sweet potatoes.

But way better.

Way tastier I imagine. I add cinnamon to my sweet potatoes

Extra Virgin Olive Oil is HEALTHY!!!
Below summary is from this site if you care for entire read!
SUMMARY Extra virgin olive oil has antibacterial properties and has been found to be particularly effective against Helicobacter pylori, a type of bacterium that can cause stomach ulcers and stomach cancer.

Make Sure to Get the Right Type

Buying the right kind of olive oil is extremely important.

Extra virgin olive oil retains some of the antioxidants and bioactive compounds from olives. For this reason, it’s considered healthier than the more refined variety of olive oil.

Even so, there is a lot of fraud on the olive oil market,* as many oils that read "extra virgin" on the label have been diluted with other refined oils.

Therefore, examine labels carefully to ensure you're getting real extra virgin olive oil. It’s always a good idea to read ingredients lists and check for
quality certification.

The Bottom Line

At the end of the day, quality extra virgin olive oil is incredibly healthy. Due to its powerful antioxidants, it benefits your heart, brain, joints and more.
In fact, it may be the healthiest fat on the planet.

Possibly has some correlation to what Tron posted with regards to mob racket within the "community"? :dunno:

So Abigail has turned me onto Brussels sprouts wrapped in turkey bacon. Actually damn tasty.

Unfortunately, real bacon is essentially the food of Satan