Americans Work Too Much for Their Own Good

• Start date
  • Replies 88 Comments
  • Views 5,243 Views
21 vacation days

5 regular holidays throughout the year

And a week paid at Christmas....so 33 days.

Something does not sound right here. You live in America I'm assuming?

We're going to look into this.

It's an inflated number because he has included public/regular holidays.

CB, does the Christmas week off mean five working days or seven ?

We like that Vagabond is REALLY into this thread

We also like that gregory is still going with the baseball pick thread lol

We like that Vagabond is REALLY into this thread

That's because I am really not into work(i.e. wage-slavery) and have to postpone my year-end vacation because of work.

We thought about it as well. But, I may have to go to Singapore for 2-3 months. And there's no point of having someone here if I am going to work. It will not be fun.

man, 6 months sound like an eternity at this point

good luck bro

but hey, at least Singapore :)

Christmas is 7. We get Christmas Eve paid and New Years Day which I didn't use in the regular holidays. I only included days I get paid vacation for. Figured that was the premise.

Last edited:
i am self-employed with no paid vacation, no paid sick leave. but then, i'm doing something i enjoy, so the better question is do i ever really work?

If I could stop working today, I would!

Oh, we get to retire in 15 years (we have 10 on the job) and we get 75% of the average of our highest paid 5 years for the rest of our life.

I wonder why cities and states struggle with budgets. Firemen get similar pensions. The MDP union has done a great job exploiting the tax payers.

that is fucking insane daffy you the real 1%.

I wonder why cities and states struggle with budgets. Firemen get similar pensions. The MDP union has done a great job exploiting the tax payers.

They are High Risk occupations and this is one of the rewards for putting themselves on the line. Imagine what those city and states budgets would be if they had no fire or police protection.