Americans Work Too Much for Their Own Good

• Start date
  • Replies 88 Comments
  • Views 5,237 Views
21 vacation days

5 regular holidays throughout the year

And a week paid at Christmas....so 33 days.

Ours is based on time with the city. You max out at 15 years and I have 24 in so I get 240 hours vacation per year but we can only carry over 80. In addition we get 12 paid holidays plus a vacation day. If you manage to go the previous year without using a sick day they reward you with an incentive week as well. So basically I get 384 paid hours per year off. When you factor in the amount of time I spend with you guys on here during the work day and the Netflix I guess I work about 80 of the standard 1080.

because it's funny to say 'at least boss is happy' when I donk away 10k because all he/she cares about is volume.

dont really take vacation days just kinda stop betting and go out and drink and take drugs sometimes. or just start drinking and continue betting i've really been making a point of going out and getting laid tho ever since freefall and fairwarning scolded me. we all family so i took it to heart ya know.

You have the right in the US to act like an Ass. You do this very well.

If nothing else this weekend, you can sleep better knowing you got the best numbers.

You have the right in the US to act like an Ass. You do this very well.

If nothing else this weekend, you can sleep better knowing you got the best numbers.

AWESOME fucking avatar FW!

AWESOME !

plommer likes! very much!

:bowdown:

lazy european and canadians fuks.

who wants vacation time. i want more work time. i need a real job. they dont even have to pay me just give me somewhere to go.

who wants vacation time. i want more work time. i need a real job. they dont even have to pay me just give me somewhere to go.

i told mcb the exact same thing this tuesday

if I have a boss I make up in my head am I self-employed? (s)he provides laughs like laughing to myself humor must keep that in mind.

choo, do you smoke crack occasionally? Serious question. Because sometimes your posts just don't make any sense. Like, I know you're a smart guy and I'd totally get what you were saying if I was having a beer with you but this post makes zero sense to me.

:dunno:

21 vacation days

5 regular holidays throughout the year

And a week paid at Christmas....so 33 days.

Something does not sound right here. You live in America I'm assuming?

We're going to look into this.

daft have you never smoked crack?

Not only have I not smoked crack, smoking crack has never crossed my mind

But I'm sure you weren't being serious you silly guy!

I work WAY too hard.

Most weeks I work at least 50 hours a week and many times I work 55 hours a week.

I get 24 hours of Personal Time a year. I'm not sure at what rate I accrue Vacation Time and Sick Time but it goes up as I gain seniority.

I have 250 hours of sick time on the books and I called in sick for an entire week a few weeks back when I had strep throat.

But after the trip to Europe I'll have like 20 hours of vacation time left. lofl.

I can work on the holidays and get paid the holiday rate or I can take the day off. I usually work (except on Christmas and New Years Day)

Am I making any sense right now?

Oh, we get to retire in 15 years (we have 10 on the job) and we get 75% of the average of our highest paid 5 years for the rest of our life.