American beer is watered down.......... I knew it!!!

• Start date
  • Replies 53 Comments
  • Views 3,047 Views
Lots of great American beers out there.

4pwe84.jpg

tasbj7.jpg

2jadpgp.jpg

Most "mainstream" beers aren't that great. I don't really love the famous beers from the US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, Italy, France, Holland, or Belgium. There are some okay ones, but it's not until you get into the less common stuff that you find the real gems. There are a couple of exceptions to this for me, though...Newcastle is popular in northern England and I dig that. Same for Beamish (Ireland).

Gilmartin wins the thread.

Bud does not = all American beers.

And I don't take exception as an American, but mostly as a beer guy who knows the difference.

Question for Puck Off-when you drink your beer do you do it using the retro-nasal technique?

Agree the mainstream beers are garbage.

I drink beer from micro-breweries.
(not directly - I buy bottles from beer store)

Gilmartin wins the thread.

Bud does not = all American beers.

And I don't take exception as an American, but mostly as a beer guy who knows the difference.

Question for Puck Off-when you drink your beer do you do it using the retro-nasal technique?

Never. Why would someone do something stupid like that? Isn't the something that stupid frat kids do?

Never. Why would someone do something stupid like that? Isn't the something that stupid frat kids do?

You must not know what it is. No, it has very little too do with frat kids and more to do with being able to properly savor the aromas within the beer while you drink it.

gotta go with something light if out on a boat fucking around on the lake or at the beach...these are when bl/cl/ml is pretty acceptable, imo

It's just like anything else folks. There are basic versions and deluxe. When ever Matty drinks Jim Beam, that is like bud light compared to Makers. Or if you just get some pizza delivered instead of going to a fancy Italian restaurant..

On hot days in SoCal, whether it be golfing or boating on the river...you don't want to be drinking some thick hoppy pale ale all day. Nothing beats a bunch of ice cold Coors Lights.

You must not know what it is. No, it has very little too do with frat kids and more to do with being able to properly savor the aromas within the beer while you drink it.

Please explain Cougar. I really want to know. I know you are into beers so I wan to hear what the deal is with this.

Who has a bigger boner for America?

PuckOff or plommer?