American beer is watered down.......... I knew it!!!

• Start date
  • Replies 53 Comments
  • Views 3,023 Views
Please explain Cougar. I really want to know. I know you are into beers so I wan to hear what the deal is with this.

In a nutshell, close your mouth and breathe out through your nose while you drink.

It's a must with whiskey. Didn't know it had a fancy name.

Not that i'm a big fan of Bud, but i wouldn't say it's that bad. I prefer Guiness, if not one the usuals: Carlsberg, Stella Artois, Beck's. However, the beer in the world is brewed in the Czech republic.

Czech is the beer capital of the world.

Carducci is sharp.

As far as cheap light brews go, I like Czechvar.

Mega-mass-produced American light beers are the equivalent of moonshine. Fok that shit.

Got some Unibroue Trois Pistoles; it's extremely highly rated on BA. I'm saving it for a party on Saturday. Anybody had it?

Got some Unibroue Trois Pistoles; it's extremely highly rated on BA. I'm saving it for a party on Saturday. Anybody had it?

Never seen it, report back. Where did you find it at, Binny's?

All the Unibroue stuff is rated crazy high. Haven't had Trois-Pistoles in a long while. Been enjoying Maudite lately.

i just bought a 12 pack of Labatts for my afternoon drink session.

i've learned alot during Micro brew tours in Michigan and Milwaukee the post few years

I still drink alot of domestic lites and PBR

which I didn't realize until we took the Miller brewing tour last month, that PBR was being made by Miller now

Gimme a bud any day before lots of that high ABV beer/barley wine. Gross.

As far as cheap light brews go, I like Czechvar.

Mega-mass-produced American light beers are the equivalent of moonshine. Fok that shit.

Isn't Czechvar a fairly full-bodied, moderate priced brew?

Compared to light American beer, I suppose it's a thicker, more full-bodied brew. But no, it's cheap here, same as Bud and other discount American stuff.

Said 'fuck it' and drank one of the Trois Pistoles. Smells very good; strong fruit aroma and pretty strong fruit taste. A little bit maltier than beers I generally go for. The high ABV is noticeable in the smell, but the taste isn't too alcoholic. Not bad at all, though. Something like B+ from me. Wait, I think when rating stuff on here, you are supposed to use a numerical rating in a unit based on your name. So I will give it 8.5 Gills.

Followed it up with a New Belgium Belgo (Belgian-style IPA). Just the right amount of hop bitterness...overall, great. 9 Gills. My second-favorite beer in this style, only behind Houblon Chouffe Dobbelen IPA Tripel, which is absolutely brilliant in every way. 10 Gills. My favorite beer ever.

So I will give it 8.5 Gills.

Sorry pal, it doesn't work like that. You can't just make up your own fukkin rating system when one has already been established.

We rate in Matty Rains at gamelive.

Drinking a Guinness Draught right now that has been left out all night but I don't feel like getting up. Still delicious, this beer never fails. 9.5 Gills.